• Which 9mm for EDC

• Total voters

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    For concealed carry, I need to either loose some weight, or get a few pairs of larger-waist pants.

I'll probably also have to stop tucking in all my shirts. Maybe start wearing those old hoodies again.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Slight hijack. I carry 100% except at work. If push comes to shove and conditions warrant it, I will always opt for my G-17 with pockets and weak side brimming with extended mags, 23 +1 in the gun.

As my "ED" EDC, G-27 with extended G-23 mags provide me and uncomparable warm and fuzzy.

Be lovin me some .40 !

I am big enough that I can pull either off with ease and still have a SC Beretta Storm with Compact mags as a BUG.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If your full size gun needs are met, take a look at a Sig 938. I picked one up in November and it's been perfect through the 350 rounds shot so far. It's thin enough to conceal well in a pocket yet is a good enough shooter that I have used it for EDC a couple of times too. Mine set me back $499 on a Black Friday sale, so they can be bought cheap on occasion.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I prefer a full size 1911 but when I need to I have a M&P shield that conceals so easy and you almost forget it's there.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Perhaps the question should be not for EDC, but more for a deep concealment option when wearing your primary EDC is not practical.

Smith and Wesson 642 revolver. My 642 is the gun I carry when I can't carry a gun. Otherwise my choice off your poll list would be the Shield. If you are a Glock guy then go with the G43. The G43 is a bit smaller then the Shield so it might work better for deep concealment. The Shield is still a little big for ultra deep concealment. I can't make my G26 work at all in that role and the Shield is marginal.

Reading some other posts:
    Smart carry works for deep concealment. Smart carry does not work for a G26 or G19. Take my word for it. Smart carry is an option for the G43 or Snubby revolver.

.380 pocket pistols suck! My advice is never buy an auto with less then a 3" barrel. My opinion so take it for what it is worth.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Amishman44, the 9mm conversion barrel, what I read is the barrel is offset slightly to the left to allow the straight 40 ejector to hit the 9mm case. Any concerns about that affecting hitting center target? Apparently not, but I don't understand how it would affect accuracy.

I've never noticed any difference...and I shoot from 7' out to 35' (and occasionally out to 75' / 25m) consistently when I do shoot.

I find that I actually get better groups with the Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel than I do the Glock OEM barrel...even against my Glock 19 with the stock barrel.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I am somewhat looking for a 9mm I can carry in a pocket, which I cannot do with my 26. So with that said, the 26 hasn't been giving me any real carry advantages over my 19.

If you're looking for something to be a 'pocket-carry' sized 9mm...I would definitely go with the G-43...and that's the only reason that I would get one...and it fits the bill quite well for that!

I have a friend who has a 3" SP101 in 9mm...and it's a fantastic shooter...but probably not the route I would go personally for a 9mm EDC...unless one really likes revolvers?

Top Bottom