• Total voters

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Momma has given me the green light for a new gun. :rockwoot:

I'm trying to decide what to get. I'm thinking about getting an M&P 9mm so I can mount a trijicon rmr and make it my EDC. I've always wanted a 1911, but I keep putting it off. I don't have an AR, and it's on my list. I have an Hk USC that I would like to make into a UMP clone and SBR it.

I have plenty of handguns and shotguns. I don't have many rifles (.22 and 30-06). Please give suggestions according to my list, I'm not considering anything else at the time.

TIA

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Momma has given me the green light for a new gun. :rockwoot:

I'm trying to decide what to get. I'm thinking about getting an M&P 9mm so I can mount a trijicon rmr and make it my EDC. I've always wanted a 1911, but I keep putting it off. I don't have an AR, and it's on my list. I have an Hk USC that I would like to make into a UMP clone and SBR it.

I have plenty of handguns and shotguns. I don't have many rifles (.22 and 30-06). Please give suggestions according to my list, I'm not considering anything else at the time.

TIA

You need to have an AR-15 in your rifle collection:rockwoot: then you have to get a 1911:twocents:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I just placed an order for a Smith & Wesson M&P9 Pro Series from Bud's for $564...free shipping to your FFL. It took me a long time to finally come to that decision but it has night sites and changeable palm swell/back straps so it's basically a finished product. I'm not about to give up my Glocks but the M&P looks like it will be a great addition to the collection.

I didn't vote for an AR because they are a rifle that begs you to spend more and more money on them. I never felt like I had a 'complete' rifle since there was always one more thing to buy for it plus the price of .223 isn't going down. You can get twice as much 9mm for nearly the same price.

1911 pistols are works of art but for the price of a good one you can get an M&P Pro Series 9mm plus a couple of extra mags, holster, mag pouch and several hundred rounds of ammo and STILL have money to swing by Taco Bell for their new Pacific Shrimp Tacos!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted for the m&p since you said you would make it your EDC. Seems like it would get the most use. Good luck with your decision

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    No. And I recently decided I don't want the M&P, I want a P30 instead. Can't decide if I want the P30 or the P30L. I would love to shoot the two first, but I don't know anyone that owns either.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I didn't vote for an AR because they are a rifle that begs you to spend more and more money on them. I never felt like I had a 'complete' rifle since there was always one more thing to buy for it plus the price of .223 isn't going down. You can get twice as much 9mm for nearly the same price.

Either you are spending to much on .223 or I am spending to much 9mm. A box of WWB is like $23/100 rounds of 9mm. I have been paying like $4.50/20 for steel cased .223, which is roughly the exact same price per round.

Anyways, I voted for an AR. Everyone needs an AR and AK.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I voted AR...

It was a toss up, since I believe everyone should have a 1911 also... but you said you already have quite a few handguns and not many rifles, so... AR!

I, also, love my Spike's Tactical. You would be hard pressed finding more gun for the cost in the AR platform.

Top Bottom