Which Indiana banks and credit unions are OK with gun business?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not looking to open a gun store but am seeking a financial institution that is friendly to the "gun industry". I have a savings account and car loan at Financial Center CU and saw that their terms of service prohibit dealing in guns and other weapons. The loan is about to be paid off and I'd like to move the savings to a place that hasn't drunk the Operation Choke Point Kool aid. Any banks or credit unions that are good to go in Indiana?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you're not running a business, how would they know where you spend your money? If you had a Finance Center debit or credit card, would they deny a sale if you used it at a gun shop?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Stay away from Huntington .....

Can you elaborate on this?

I am a Huntington customer and have been very pleased with them overall and the customer service I get. I have seen a handful of their branches with no gun stickers but I've never had any trouble with them or seen metal detectors.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    If you're not running a business, how would they know where you spend your money? If you had a Finance Center debit or credit card, would they deny a sale if you used it at a gun shop?

I've been with FCCU for over a decade. Checking/savings, cards and loans and they've never denied me a firearm related purchase.

They day they do, I'll pull both of my dollars out of there.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First Third in Fort Wayne was very helpful when handling finances for my son when he joined the Marine Corps. I CC every time I entered. Never OCied there, but manager of the Dupont Road branch indicated it was not a problem. CC carry at other branches was never a problem.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can you elaborate on this?

I am a Huntington customer and have been very pleased with them overall and the customer service I get. I have seen a handful of their branches with no gun stickers but I've never had any trouble with them or seen metal detectors.

The Huntington branch near me (31 South and Thompson Rd.) has metal detectors, and the tellers have to "buzz you in".

Top Bottom