• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rxbdwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    I haven't shot much for several years and then limited to 38 spcl and below. I'm currently interested in purchasing a Kahr for concealed carry.

How would you rate the difficulty of controlling the CM9 versus the CW9 and the CW40.

I like the size of the CM9 for concealment but I'm wondering if the CW40 would be as easy to shoot accurately with the trade off of larger size and more effective caliber.

Your thoughts?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    ^^ What shooter521 said. CW9s are very solid. CM9s are still new and have been having teething pains- mostly around their magazines. If pocket carry is important, the CM9 is the better choice. Otherwise, I would lean towards the CW9.

You can read a lot more about Kahrs at their main forum: KahrTalk

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I haven't shot much for several years and then limited to 38 spcl and below. I'm currently interested in purchasing a Kahr for concealed carry.

How would you rate the difficulty of controlling the CM9 versus the CW9 and the CW40.

I like the size of the CM9 for concealment but I'm wondering if the CW40 would be as easy to shoot accurately with the trade off of larger size and more effective caliber.

Your thoughts?
    I carry a CW40 and have shot it enough to get comfortable with it. I carry with a Don Hume inside wasteband holster, and hardly know it is there. My son carrys a 9mm Kahr and outside of the 9 being cheaper to shoot they are about the same. I think the Kahr is easy to shoot accuratly, with a nice trigger, and good sights. I buy ammo online and 500 rounds at a time, to keep the cost down.
    Bill...

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have the Kahr PM40. It is surprisingly accurate. It is very tough on the hands if you run more than about 10 rounds through it at the range. Although I haven't fired the Kahr in 9mm, I would recommend it unless you just have to have 40 cal.

I bought this gun new at Bradis with night sights. It has worked very well for me and, as I said, surprisingly accurate. I got this when they first came out. Then I started reading some bad reports on the quality of the Kahr polymer guns. I guess I got lucky - the fit and finish is great on mine. I don't know if Kahr has cleaned up their process or not.

I would go with the recommendation from Bradis at this time.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Lots of great advice and insight so far. Kahr is having some QC probelms at the moment; and the only one that seems to be perfect out of the box is the CW9. The thing I like best about mine is I can get 3 fingers on the handle, and while it is not a pocket gun, it is not much larger than the CM9. It also has 7+1 versus the CMs 6+1.

Both are accurate, well made pistols, but some of the CM9s are going thru teething problems. If conceilability is your paramont concern, and you don't mind a 2 finger grip, it's the better choice. Otherwise, I'd go with the CW.

Of course, 9mm is much more affordable to shoot than a .40, and you can comfortably use it as a range gun. That means more practice, which is good.
    Good luck.

mxxkffg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    southside Indianapolis
    I would go with a K9. Or if your looking for something smaller a PM9 or MK9. I've owned and shot all of them. Still own the K9 and the MK9. I've also owned an MK40 and a PM40. I liked them as well I just prefer a 9 over a 40. Im not a fan of Kahrs CW and CM line ups. Just my two cents

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I have owned and shot the P380, CW9, PM9, PM40, CW45*** the CW's are an excellent pistol for the price, very solid. the PM40 is a hand full to shoot but I love the PM9 & PM40 and I personally, believe that the Kahr P380 is the best .380 on he market

linksrds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    I have both the P380 and the CW9. I find both of them to be utterly reliable. You should follow carefully the directions from Kahr about the 250 round breakin procedure.
    The P380 had 2 FTF and 1 FTE in the first 25 rounds of shooting, after that no problems at all.

The CW9 never had an issue in the first 250 rounds and you will find it very easy to hit your target. The recoil in the CW9 is very soft making it very comfortable to shoot.

Truly for the money spent you will be very pleased with the CW9.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I would go with the CM9 hands down for conceal carry. If you want extra length on the grip for better control you can use the extended 7 round magazine.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I would go with a K9. Or if your looking for something smaller a PM9 or MK9. I've owned and shot all of them. Still own the K9 and the MK9. I've also owned an MK40 and a PM40. I liked them as well I just prefer a 9 over a 40. Im not a fan of Kahrs CW and CM line ups. Just my two cents

agree, no a c series fan, edc a pm9 and love it. over 5000 rounds and going strong

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The CW9 is easier to shoot but in the other hand is not a pocket gun, the CM9 a little harder to control but easier to carry. I think either would be a good choice just you need to handle both qndo see what you prefer.

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    I have both a cm9 and a cw9 and they are both reliable accurate and easy to shoot. That being said after buying the cm I never carry the cw because the cm is so easy to conceal and it feels like your not carrying anything. I would choose the cm over the cw no contest.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    The CW9 is a real pleasure to carry and shoot. I really like the quality and reliability of mine. I have put about 800 rounds thru it and it has yet to let me down. If you use a quality holster you will not know it is there, very easy to conceal.

guns019.jpg

Top Bottom