• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Once I was in PSS looking for a .22. After looking at the ones on the rack I asked about a model he didn't have. Bob looked it up in the distributor catalog and quoted me a price right on the spot, didn't even pull out a calculator. Another time I called about another gun, they didn't have anything on the rack so one of employees looked it up and gave me a price over the phone. No hassle, no speech about how long thinks take, etc. Its been a while (~6 years and ~3 years) but I imagine he'd do the same now.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    I am in the same boat. I am looking for a S&W M&P Shield 9mm. Understood it's hard to find and a popular gun right now. I've been to several LGS in Indy and no one wants to put me on a list even if I prepaid.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I am in the same boat. I am looking for a S&W M&P Shield 9mm. Understood it's hard to find and a popular gun right now. I've been to several LGS in Indy and no one wants to put me on a list even if I prepaid.

I ended up pre-paying at Bradis. Next SR1911 in the door is mine.

Shooter might/should do the same for you?

Mr.Johnny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Valparaiso
    BLYTHES in NW Indiana put me on the M&P Shield list. I was 11th and got my gun pretty fast considering how hard they were to get. I think they honor their lists. Most places want your repeat business which I will give blythes!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Both PSS and BGF said they are not doing a list for the SR1911. Another local guy will, but can't get one.

If Bradis will, I will take my business there.

So... Shooter... price and where am I on the list? ;)

Who did you talk to at BGF?? That is where I got my SR1911, was at the top of their list for almost a year, but got the first one that came in.:rockwoot:I also was in the shop on Sat the 19th, and put my name on the list for a SR1911 Commander, which I hope takes a little less time to get. :D

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I've seen more that have stopped doing this since plainfield shooting supplies use to do layaway and have stopped also everything is kind of crazy right now

grassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    N CENTRAL IN
    "Down By The Tracks"
    Galveston In.
    Not real close to Indy. but call and tell them what you want if they don't have it they will put you on a list to get it. No deposit needed. I have bought my last two guns from them this way. S&W M&P 22 and S&W M&P Shield 9mm.
    Great guys to do business with.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The simple truth is that there is no inventory to be had, period. Your dealer can't pull the gun out of his bum. 16th on a list for a particular gun? Do you have any idea how many YEARS it would be until you got it?

Quit blaming the dealers. No one has any guns right now. There are none to be had.

Top Bottom