• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have been to both, the misawaka store is bigger and has more stuff or at least it seems to, and the Elkhart store has an indoor range so they both have their advantages, with that being said, make a day of it and go to both!!

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    If your looking at price of guns and a little bartering, go to Mishawaka. Elkhart gets most of there guns from Mishawaka, but the salesman at Elkhart told me they have to pay a little more for them.

BlackJack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Mid North Indiana
    I have been to both. I favor the one in Mishawaka. Prices at the Elkhart store tend to be a little higher. I am also not that hot on the staff at the Elkhart store either. Purely my opinion though. It is sad that I do not like the Elkhart store better because it is less than two miles from where I stay when I travel up north. Both seem to have pretty good selection of new firearms. The one in Mishawaka has a lot of selection on not only firearms but firearms accessories as well.

Last edited:

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I've been to both and bought stuff from both. Staff at BOTH stores have been friendly to me and my family each time. I was told by one of the staff in Mishawaka that they are owned by the same person but are actually seperate companies. That is why Mishawaka store is called Midwest Gun Exchange and the Elkhart store is called Midwest Gun and Range.

DIRTY HARRY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I too have purchased from both stores, the owner sell to the Elkhart store with a little higher markup (to them) and therefore the costs to the customer are higher. The ammo at the range is also higher. They have treated me pretty well but I believe the novice buys the ammo because they need it to shoot at their range and are sometime held captive to their prices. Experienced shoppers get the ammo elsewhere.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I can also chime in and recommend the Mishawaka store. Great place to shop, fair prices, friendly staff and what an inventory!

darngolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    I heartily endorse the Mishawaka store also. I have bought over 40 guns from them and the service is top notch. Bob and Ryan at Mishawaka do an outstanding job. They have even given me calls when something has come in on the used gun side that they know I would be interested in.

I have bought a couple of guns at the Elkhart store, but the prices are better at Mishawaka.

Top Bottom