• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I am still planning on the underfolder route. My plan to keep it simple is proving more difficult. Every time I get on-line I see something else "I need". My next step I guess is filling out the "form 1" this is my first venture into the NFA world!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    As it was my first as well, the paperwork is not nearly as bad as you think. Just get up one day and knock out the paperwork and get it to your local PD. Then as soon as you get it back, send it off right away. Then you just have to wait and by accessories along the way.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Have the receiver drilled and tapped for two screw holes and put an Ace side folder on it. That is the easiest way. There are other ways to make it look the way you want it to.

I was curious about that myself. I had been thinking about an SBR, now that I have the NFA bug and all. I was thinking about an AR, since that really seems the easiest. Just buy a receiver, get it engraved, then submit the paperwork (and wait an eternity). When you get it, build it out.

But for other gun types, AKs and what have you, who do you go to get the work done to convert them? Are there any good Class 2 manufacturers (since I'm assuming that's who would need to do the work) around?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I was curious about that myself. I had been thinking about an SBR, now that I have the NFA bug and all. I was thinking about an AR, since that really seems the easiest. Just buy a receiver, get it engraved, then submit the paperwork (and wait an eternity). When you get it, build it out.

But for other gun types, AKs and what have you, who do you go to get the work done to convert them? Are there any good Class 2 manufacturers (since I'm assuming that's who would need to do the work) around?

You can do the work yourself. I kept my Draco as a pistol until the paperwork came in and then I (with the help of another member who had a drill press and some taps) drilled and tapped the back of it to attach the stock. As long as a stock can not be easily added to it (i.e. not just bolt on) you do not have intent to build an unregistered item.

And actually... to be fair, the other member did most of the work, and i helped him, but it is nothing that one can't do themselves with the right tools (which I did not have).

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    You can do the work yourself. I kept my Draco as a pistol until the paperwork came in and then I (with the help of another member who had a drill press and some taps) drilled and tapped the back of it to attach the stock. As long as a stock can not be easily added to it (i.e. not just bolt on) you do not have intent to build an unregistered item.

And actually... to be fair, the other member did most of the work, and i helped him, but it is nothing that one can't do themselves with the right tools (which I did not have).

Hmm. I wonder how much work is involved in building a Micro Galil from a full size. I have one of those Golanis (if I can ever get it to run well) and it would be pretty sweet to convert that into a micro.

Top Bottom