• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Hey there fellers. I have been without firearm for many moons now. I am withdrawing badly. I have been looking for my next handgun for quite a while, and have narrowed it down to 3 different guns. Each has pros and cons to go with it. please help me decide. if you would like to add to these by offering a pistol idea not listed, then by all means please feel free to do so, but I have been thinking about this for months, and I have my doubts that anyone is going to get me to think about something other than the three listed.

Da List.

M&P 45 4 inch.
    pros: I have had one. I liked it a lot, only sold due to financial problems. I have 45 ammo. only thing needed for it is night sights and a holster. all around nice pistol.
    cons: Buds gun shop does not seem to deal with any ffls that I frequent. I have never bought a gun off of the interwebz. $463.00. lots o money in my world.
    S&W M&P45 45A 4 Black $463.00 SHIPS FREE

Gen 4 Glock 22 (for this thread pruposes I am using buds guns as a price comparison, purchase would be made at Bradis.)
    pros: Fits my hand like a glove. Really fits my hand well. Only needs night sights, ammo, and hoster. will be purchased locally. did I mention it feels great in my hand?
    Cons: $539.00 that's a big one. I do not have any .40 ammo. I had a gen 3 22 that did not fit my hand well and thus recoil was unpleasant. I have not fired a gen 4 22.
    GLK US GEN4 22 40SW 4.49 FX 15 $539.00 SHIPS FREE

Gen 3 Glock 23
    pros: Cheap. I get to customize it. All the crap I feel like putting on it is cheap. wow it uhmmmm cheap.$329.00

Cons: I have to customize it, ie, it does not fit my hand. sanding required. I still have no .40 ammo. must be shipped. I have never bought from the interwebz. this is a gamble. I may not like it after I sand it. then I am stuck with it.
    Glock 23 40S&W Gen 3 Semi Auto Pistol, Very Good Condition, Used.

well there it is. what do you guys think?
    Thanks for all your help.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you really liked the Glock 22, BGF had a police trade with night sights for $425 I believe it was. I think it was a gen 3 and not a gen 4, but a great deal for a nice weapon.

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    You should look at a Springfield XDm 45. I just bought one and love it. My buddy has several Glocks and I held the S&W M&P 45 and I just really like how the XDm felt in my hands and I have fairly large hands. Any of the guns you have listed would be a good gun to own.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I think that both guns are of good quality and are reliable. It seems that when I show customers both M&P and Glocks, that they more frequently pick the S&W. The M&P seems to have a more natural grip angle and to me "feels" much better in the hand. It's hard to go wrong with either of the guns, but if it were me I'd pick the S&W. :twocents:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    329 is almost too cheap to pass up.... but if the price was closer I'd grab the .45. (personal preference)

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    G23 was my first Glock and I still love it. I''ve owned a G22 as well, but for $329.00 the G23 is too good of a deal. For me, I find it a little snappy when I haven't shot it in a while. The G22 is definitely smoother IMHO.

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    Looks like the 23 is in the lead at the moment. Worried about snappy recoil though.

It's not THAT bad, it just seems to surprise me a little when I haven't picked it up in a while. The 23 was all I carried for better than 10 years. I love mine.

I apologize, I did not mean to make it seem that bad. That said, it's got a little more pop than my 9mm's

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I had a gen 3 22 and did not like the recoil. I have shot a m&p 40 and did not notice recoil at all. So my theory is if it fits my hand better then recoil will be less. Just a theory I have been wrong before.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    How will you use this gun? Range toy? Daily carry? Home defense? Increasing your manhood?

Also, if money is a serious concern, maybe you should factor into the other costs. Guesses are fine for this purpose. What how much it cost you to be properly equipped with each gun, plus, say, 300 rounds of ammo?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Gen 3 Glock 23 is a fine gun. On a budget they are very versatile. Drop in a 9mm conversion barrel for the range and recoil is not an issue. My choice would be the G23.

Based on what the OP shared I think he would be happiest with the MP45

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    How will you use this gun? Range toy? Daily carry? Home defense? Increasing your manhood?

Also, if money is a serious concern, maybe you should factor into the other costs. Guesses are fine for this purpose. What how much it cost you to be properly equipped with each gun, plus, say, 300 rounds of ammo?
    Well first is all of the above. Money is always tight. I have around 300 rounds of 45 not counting self defense ammo.

Top Bottom