• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Surprised I don't see any mention here. S&W-made Walther PPK/S in .380. It's expensive for NIB. It's not well machined (in comparison to the Walther/Manurhin-made) and really snappy for its weight, cutting my hand after half a box. It took too dang long to break in. Since almost nothing is polished inside, and I would end up ruining it trying to polish it myself, I had to use engine cam lube and hand-cycle the crap out of it to make it polish itself reliable. From failing on everything I fed it, now it only hates federal. No gun should be like that out of the box. But it's still pretty...

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Only replying to the title:

Any pistol that won't run on whatever I feed it. IDGAF if you hand me a high point 9mm in an "I need a gun right now" scenario, just as long as it friggin' RUNS. Especially hollow points. Wound up with a Cobra .380 (which I don't recommend). Had some issues with it, main one was, it didn't feed hollows. Choked like a you know who on a you know what on wide mouth hollows especially. Contoured the feed ramp, cut a notch in the bottom of the front strap to aid in magazine extraction, and it became a decent little pistol. Still ungodly heavy (for it's size), and stupid to take apart (had to use a gallon zip lock bag and take it apart INSIDE the bag), but at least it ran, and that's all that mattered.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Glocks feel funny in my hand and are pretty ugly, but I've seen little other complaint about them. Can't really hate em if the damn things work.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    While I won't say I hate it, I think the Ruger LCP kind of sucks.
    My wife and I were shopping for summer carry/pocket pistol type guns a while back. She really liked the LCP in the store. I liked the Bodyguard 380, bought them both.
    We got home and did some shooting, after a couple of mags, she said no way. I gave her the "oh come on" treatment and ran a few mags myself.
    The gun is snappy/wirey in the hand. The sights suck( it's mostly point-and-shoot, I know) and is overall not easy to control.
    Conversely, the BG380 shoots more like a bigger gun, less felt recoil, good sights, much more manageable. She liked it
    The BG380 is no longer mine and the LCP is for sale or I will trade it.
    I know Ruger has sold a ton of these little pistols. I'm curious how many folks got it home and had the same impression we did?

amallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Terre Haute
    While I won't say I hate it, I think the Ruger LCP kind of sucks.
    My wife and I were shopping for summer carry/pocket pistol type guns a while back. She really liked the LCP in the store. I liked the Bodyguard 380, bought them both.
    We got home and did some shooting, after a couple of mags, she said no way. I gave her the "oh come on" treatment and ran a few mags myself.
    The gun is snappy/wirey in the hand. The sights suck( it's mostly point-and-shoot, I know) and is overall not easy to control.
    Conversely, the BG380 shoots more like a bigger gun, less felt recoil, good sights, much more manageable. She liked it
    The BG380 is no longer mine and the LCP is for sale or I will trade it.
    I know Ruger has sold a ton of these little pistols. I'm curious how many folks got it home and had the same impression we did?

I have a buddy who purchased an LC9 this weekend. He let me shoot it, and I got through about 5 rounds before I set the safety and unloaded. The trigger is terrible and it was just not a comfortable weapon. I can't say that I'll ever own one...

But, that is just my :twocents:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I wish I could say I hated hi-point pistols, but they actually work pretty well (based on friends HP 9mm that had relatively high round count)
    I've had more problems with early 90's Taurus autos (beretta clones), so I'll say I dislike them.
    Glocks might not be aesthetically pleasing, but they work.
    I think I more often dislike uninformed gun owners than the actual firearms themselves.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I think Ruger's look pretty terrible but have never shot one. Very much agree with OP that Hi-Points pretty much look like toy guns. I have heard that they are completely unreliable, as well.
    Well, I don't admit this much, but I have a Hi Point JHP that has been totally reliable. It is chambered in .45 ACP, and shoots Ball and JHP equally well. I have just over 500 rounds thru it without any malfunction so far. It is butt ugly though.:laugh:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ruger LCP and Keltec equivalent... The trigger pull and ergonomics combined give me doubts about how effectively it could be used for self defense.

With a ton of training maybe... but in a panic I would hate to have to deal with that trigger and recoil to get multiple shots on target.

Top Bottom