• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    So we all know that pocket 9mms are all the rage now. I was thinking of getting a Ruger LC9 but then everyone else suggested so many different types of them. So with that being said, which pocket 9mm should I get and why do you suggest it? :dunno: I know there are ton of them out there, including but not limited to Kahr CM9, LC9, P290, PF9, etc. Thanks in advance!

mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    I love my KelTec P11. I like the 10 round mags, that it is thick enough to fill my hand, but thin enough to disappear while CCing, and it is light!

Best advice I have ever heard, go to a local gun shop, and find something that fists your hands, and points well. That will usually be a different gun for different people. If you can shoot it before you buy, even better!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I went with the Kel-Tec PFP.

1. Cost, under $300
    2. Accuracy, if I do my part, I can put every round center mass at combat distances.

002-28.jpg

3. Kel-Tec has some of the best customer service.
    4. Cheap mags

I have ran 210 rounds through mine so far. I have had 2 FTF's, and that was do to ammo. I have worn it to the movies, out to eat, doing lawn work, and it's comfortable in every situation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I prefer the LC9 but for strictly pocket carry the KelTec PF9 would probably be a better option.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im goin to get a Pf9, I seen one at the local gun shop. Its a nice pice feels good in the hand, light weight, great price. Just have to figure out what kind of holster would be good to use with it. But Kel-tec has my vote!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Best advice I have ever heard, go to a local gun shop, and find something that fists your hands, and points well. That will usually be a different gun for different people. If you can shoot it before you buy, even better!

Best advice in this thread so far. If you intend to pocket carry, then the gun is intended primarily for shorter range SD instead of target shooting. You need the one that is most accurate in your hands. Try to handle all of the candidates. Check hand feel. Is the grip too narrow/wide? Does your finger naturally position on the trigger?

Once you have it narrowed down to a couple of candidates, try to test fire before purchasing. A firearm that works well for someone else may not be the most accurate in your hands. Some love the PF9, but I hated the trigger and just wasn't accurate with it.

Some ranges rent firearms or you can see if a friend is willing to lend you theirs. You can even ask for help from INGO. Good luck in your search. The right choice may give you your primary carry for a long time.

Last edited:

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    LC9 is a great gun. Trigger pull is long but you get used to it. Shoots very good. Great sites. I would at least check one out.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Of all of the pocket 9mm that are reasonably priced. I prefer the Kahr. My one complaint is that there seems to be a bit of a break in period for the slide to loosen up. Second place would be the Kel Tec PF9. Best price vs performance of any pocket pistol. Magazines are cheap also.

I haven't shot the LC9 but did get a chance to handle a couple. They are ok but I think you get a better package with the Kahr and the Kel Tec is the original.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Kahr CM9. Reasonably priced (compared to the PM9) and no unwanted features like the LC9's external "safety" lever and magazine disconnect.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I don't know of any of them that will actually fit my pockets. Maybe a jacket pocket but that's it.

With that said, I m not a big Guy so I have a hard time concealing even something like my glock 36. I normally owb carry a walther pps9 or j frame. With the new "pocket sized" 9mm guns I lean strongly toward the Kimber. Yes the buy in price is steep but it feels right in my hand.

I don't like the lc9, its just a bigger lcp and although I have and carry one, I'm not the biggest fan of the lcp. Had they left off the safety, I might be more inclined. The sig is too top heavy. The Kahr s are just good, I've always been a fan and would give strong preference here. Great dao trigger, good ergonomics and been around long enough to work out the bugs. The Sig I didn't care for, felt too top heavy kinda like the way the xd subcompact feels to me. Keltec, could consider it but for me, looks are only a close second to reliability.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I have the Kel Tec PF9 and love it. I but the hogue slip on grip on it and the recoil is not too bad. I carry mine in the desantis insider and forget its there by the end of the day. Especially considering the price (got mine for $250 out the door) its hard to beat.

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I haven't shot the PF9 or the P11 but I think I am going to buy one or the other..I have heard nothing but good things about both of them and I have a relative who carries a P11.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I hate revolvers but I still carry a S&W 642. Call me old fashioned, but I have no use for an automatic that fits in the pocket. I carry a Springfield EMP when practical.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    Best pocket 9mm I had was a Kahr (K9, but they make smaller ones). Without a question, it was the best I've had - and I've had a lot. Accurate, good trigger, and reliable. Not cheap, but if you can put a price on your life you might not need a pistol in the first place...

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I actually found a LC9 with 5 magazines (all with extensions) and a rubber grip for only $400 and couldn't pass it up. Haven't got to shoot it yet but it feels good so far.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Blindzy71
    Top Bottom