• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm in Marion county and working on getting my LTCH. I have done the app and the fingerprinting and now just need to visit the police station, but I wasn't sure which one to go to? Is there a choice to pick one close to where I live, or is there one downtown that everyone has to go to?

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Bring your Indiana drivers’ license or ID card with you, and your ISP Application Number.
    Cash, certified check, Money Order, or debit and credit cards are all accepted.

- For those within the jurisdiction of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, you will need to go to IMPD Citizen Services to complete your application process:

IMPD Citizen Services
    City County Building
    50 North Alabama Street Rm E100 (1[SUP]st[/SUP] floor)
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    The office is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

The office is CLOSED on all TUESDAYS, and HOLIDAYS.

IMPD Citizen Services can be contacted at 317-327-3430

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Getting an LTCH sounds complicated.

It wasn't complicated for me, but I live within the city limits of a smaller town. I completed my application online. Scheduled fingerprinting online at a location that was one mile from my house. Because I live within the city limits, the final step of my application process was to visit my city police department. I had my license in my hand 7 days later.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It wasn't complicated for me, but I live within the city limits of a smaller town. I completed my application online. Scheduled fingerprinting online at a location that was one mile from my house. Because I live within the city limits, the final step of my application process was to visit my city police department. I had my license in my hand 7 days later.

This was my experience as well. Very easy, but it may have been a few more days before I received my license but not more than a few more days.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    One other thing about Marion County. When I went there, they took another set of prints. On paper. Not sure why. Something about not being able to get a copy of the electronic. Didn't cost any more. Thought it was pretty stupid, but since I have had to have prints made about 6 times in the last 5 years, I figured wth, what's one more set.

Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the replys. That's a bummer, I was hoping to be able to go to one of the smaller closer branches to get this done, but, oh well, off to downtown I go.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg

Must be nice I'm on day 47 with another 40 possible days to wait while they decided if I can have my permission slip to exercise my rights...

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    It was fairly easy for me too. The ladies downtown in the permit office were so super friendly and helpful. No purple.
    Also they took another set of electronic prints of my thumbs and forefingers.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Mine has been expired for a long time. I just remember going to the police department once to fill out the paperwork, give them the checks, and get fingerprinted. Didn't have to go to several different places. Of course, that was over twenty years ago.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Mine has been expired for a long time. I just remember going to the police department once to fill out the paperwork, give them the checks, and get fingerprinted. Didn't have to go to several different places. Of course, that was over twenty years ago.
    I think the new fingerprint service changed it. Mine's expired, too, and I got mine in Scott Co. Very simple. It wasn't tough when my wife got hers in Marion Co, but that was just before you had to get electronic fingerprints.

On a side note, I recently learned that the prints collected are not stored. They are ran for comparison then discarded, which is why you have to do it every time you apply. I had always assumed they were stored in AFIS.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Must be nice I'm on day 47 with another 40 possible days to wait while they decided if I can have my permission slip to exercise my rights...

I wonder why the time to completion can vary so much. Aren't all of the applications processed by the state police?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom