• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I have an 18v Sears Craftsman Drill that came in a set with a flashlight, charger, and two batteries. After an extended period of non-use, setting in a closet, ONE of the batteries is showing up as NG. Checked on a replacement battery... $65.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Dewalt, hands down. 15+ years of rough abuse both personal and professional. Drill still runs fine, but batteries finally died and needed replaced.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I did some major damage to a Dewalt drill this spring. Completed toasted the gearbox. I have a Bosch impact and drill set. Hasn't let me down yet. I am also a fan of Milwaukee.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have alot of DeWalt, never let me down and I have used and abused them. Think I am leaning towards the Rigid or a DeWalt. Guess I need to go and hold them and see which feels better.

I think the Rigid has the edge with the warranty.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Used to manage an industrial maintenance department. Milwaukee was our first choice. Seemed to hold up better than others, that is if we could keep them. They kept walking off.

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    Milwaukee! I am an HVAC guy and have used pretty much everything in the 26 years I have been doing this.
    DO NOT BUY RIGID!!!!
    I bought a Lithium set a couple years ago. Bought it in spring and worked great until it got COLD! The batteries do not work or charge under about 40 degrees. Took back wanting my money back. Said no, gave me new batteries and did the same thing! I believe the manual actually also mentioned this would happen, of course i had no idea.
    No problems with Milwaukee.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Requirements:
    18+volts
    hammer drill setting (will not be used as primary function but the option is needed/wanted)
    2 batteries
    Combo packs are ok as long as the above are met in some way.

Intended uses are around the home and garage.
    I do have dedicated impacts as well as a corded DeWalt drill as well.

:ingo:

Try this one..
    Milwaukee M18 Compact Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Combo Kit Model# 2691-22 - $179 AC + $40 GC + FS @ Northern Tool - Slickdeals.net

Note the last link for hammer kit..use coupon code and get 75 gift card, free ship,no tax?

Also you didnt say what impact you had as you may want to match bateries.

The deal i linked is very good if you use coupon.
    I like bosch myself..some drills are not china like dewalt and all the others now.

Good luck!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Impact that I have is a corded DeWalt and 2 pneumatics.
    I borrowed a friends Hitachi drill/hammer drill...

I have a 7ish year old Porter Cable 18v w/ 2 batteries but they are both dead. It was a great buy for 62 dollars plus 10% off when I worked at Lowes.

jbrownrfn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Indy
    Bosch is the best ive used ive destroyed dewalts like they were my brothers toys. I have multiple bosch drills over three years old with heavy every day use with no problems. I had one go down and Riteway tools in beech grove warrantied it with no problems. They are a great local owned tool place with great products.

scattergunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I use Bosch every day, and I would buy their stuff hands down. I have a Makita at home, and have had a battery pack go bad within the second year of use, and Makita warranty center would not help me a little bit. The lithium ion batteries are the only way to go. I buy most of my stuff refurbished, and have had great luck with the tools that I have purchase this way. Try CPO outlets online.

Top Bottom