Which set of VZ Grips are best for 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    I'm looking for replacement grips for a SA Loaded 1911-A1 (parked). Anyone with VZ grips have an opinion on which ones are best? I especially like the depression for the mag release.

vzgrips

Since the piece is parkerized, it will see a lot of oil. I want the grips to stand up to the oil but not be slippery.

Last edited:

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    I have a set of operators on my 1911 and like them, can't say they are the best since i haven,t used the other ones. They have a very agressive grip surface.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I like the gator grips. Been thinking about putting a set of those on my Kimber Pro CDP II. I've done a lot of searching about VZ grips and I've yet to read/hear a complaint. Sounds like the biggest complaint is that all of their grips are awesome and you can't narrow your choice down to one set!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I put the thin grips on my full size cdp I often carry and love them. I would not have thought that I would like thins as I allways liked full thickness double diamonds but I must say I love the feel of the thins and they hold up great as well.

Top Bottom