• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Have to figure out what to get. I know for my girl friend, I finally figured out what to get last night. My plan is to print out a bunch of photos I have taken and frame them (3-4 of them) and give them to her for Christmas. If her birthday wasn't three days before, I would be giving her a painting by my Grandma also, but that is her birthday present. I also plan on giving her a dolphin encounter at the Indy Zoo this spring (well, I will get one too), but that is later.

The ring comes at the end of January for me though. Saving up about 275 dollars right now (250 for a ring {rough estimate as she doesn't care for jewelry} and 25 to pay for lunch when I take her dad to ask permission).

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Does she already have a gun? If not, and if she is definitely wanting one, I'd go that route. Like mentioned, the gun could save her life, so to me, that shows more love and caring than the jewelry. I'm female, and I like jewelry, but I'm fine with just a few nice pieces, not a jewelry box full.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    If this is her first gun, I would go with the necklace with an IOU attached so she can get the gun that fits her. She will be more likely to use a gun with which she is comfortable. I was really glad that I got to pick my first gun, after handling many different styles and sizes...the "first" is something special, so treat it that way and make it extra-special for you both.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This reminds me of a joke.

There was a very wealthy man, who was looking around all year for the perfect Christmas gift for his wife, he finally found the most beautifull diamond necklace he had ever seen on Christmas eve, he bought it and on his way home he stopped by the local bar to celebrate his finding the perfect gift. Sitting next to him was a factory worker who had just come off his shift. And he began to tell the man his story, the factory worker trying to be polite was more anoyed by the mans story than anything but listened anyway, and when he finished he showed the man the necklace he had bought for his wife. The factory worker nodded his head and turned back to his beer. The man then asked the factory worker what he had gotten for his wife. The man sat his beer down and looked and the wealthy man for a second and replied; Im not as well off as you and cant afford a fancy necklace so I bought my wife a pair of wool socks and a dildo. The Weathy man nearly fell out of his chair, He said what in the world would you buy her somthing like that for Christmas! To which the man replied; Well I figured if she didnt like the socks, She could go f*** herself.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    That's a good joke. Yeah I know the opinion of the forum would be bias but I wanted to see if anyone could think of any pros or cons that I hadn't.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's a good joke. Yeah I know the opinion of the forum would be bias but I wanted to see if anyone could think of any pros or cons that I hadn't.

Take the plunge, commit and buy her the engagement ring. ;)

Pros and cons to that too, but if she is the right one and you know it then go for it man. Ive been with my girl for 5 years. I knew when it was time to ask the biggest question of my life, and I knew when she was ready. We still havent set a date but it was the best day of our lives together so far. :yesway:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    IMO, get her the jewelry for Christmas. Get her the Shield(great choice by the way) for no other reason than you love her and want her to be safe or have the means to potentially tip the scales of survival in her favor...

Almost like getting her an appliance for Christmas. No matter how bad she wants (fill in the blank), she does not want it as a Christmas gift...

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    IMO, get her the jewelry for Christmas. Get her the Shield(great choice by the way) for no other reason than you love her and want her to be safe or have the means to potentially tip the scales of survival in her favor...

Almost like getting her an appliance for Christmas. No matter how bad she wants (fill in the blank), she does not want it as a Christmas gift...

Hey now....I actually do! I asked Santa for a new food processor and a bread machine this year!

Then again, I am somewhat...odd...

Seriously though, I think both are great choices and like another poster said if she's worth keeping around she will love whatever you get her. It all boils down to who she is as a person and what she likes. None of us know more about that than the OP. I wouldn't care if my guy got me crap from the dollar store. If it was something that came from the heart I'd love it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I agree. Buying her the gun that will be her first and/or her EDC piece is just a bit too practical. If you are both of a mind to carry for protection, then it's a foregone conclusion that she will have one. Don't "waste" her gift on something she knows she's going to get.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Junkinabox.jpg

/thread

Top Bottom