• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    RTC-Hx1.gif

I found the file originally up through 2006. I've edited it and updated through this year so far, including the expected signature from Gov. Scott Walker of WI. Pretty amazing in 25 years. Can't wait to see the whole thing in green.

Blessings,
    Bill

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh looky who's still red all by their lonesome (to bad it's right next to us) Wonder if they'll ever get it right :rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When I see this map I am not wondering if one day all the states will turn "green" but if it is possible that one day they all go back to "red".
    I think it's not because we have the right to carry NOW that we shouldn't fight everyday to keep that right for us and for future generations.
    If we think that the fight is over we can lose everything just like that happend in other countries.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lacking any working knowledge of geography, which state is it that is always green in the upper right corner? Props to those folks, especially if they "give" that same right to all citizens, inside their state and outside.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Lacking any working knowledge of geography, which state is it that is always green in the upper right corner? Props to those folks, especially if they "give" that same right to all citizens, inside their state and outside.

No offense meant to you personally with what I'm about to say. I cannot imagine a reason why any American adult would not know the location of all 50 states and at least a few other countries in the world and be able to locate them on a map.

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me, considering the satire from a few years ago:
    NewYorker1976-03-29cover.png
    However, that was, as I said, satire.

That you had the thought to post and ask is commendable; when someone knows what he does NOT know and is willing to ask for help is a good thing.

My suggestion to you and/or anyone else who doesn't want to ask for fear of ridicule or whatever other reason is to spend a few minutes with a map and also

Place The State - Intermediate Online Learning

This is a great review because it doesn't give you state borders, you have to have a good idea of what's where when you start. This is a real challenge when they start you off with a state in the middle, like Colorado, no offense to anyone there, because there are no "landmarks" by which to figure out where the state's borders are.

Anyway...yes, Vermont is the state that's always been green, meaning that they have never in their history had a CCW or any other form of permission slip system. They do still prohibit carry in courthouses and schools, including school buses and any property a school owns (and maybe a few other places. They also don't allow suppressors, for some weird reason, but overall, they seem like they've pretty well got the idea of what freedom is and how to maintain it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Thanks for the Place the states website. The kids will have fun with that. I tried it out. It was fun. :thumbsup: Getting the first couple in the correct spot was interesting.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Place The State - Intermediate Online Learning

This is a great review because it doesn't give you state borders, you have to have a good idea of what's where when you start. This is a real challenge when they start you off with a state in the middle, like Colorado, no offense to anyone there, because there are no "landmarks" by which to figure out where the state's borders are.

OK, just for laughs lets all play the game and post our results.

I got 38 right with an average error of 28 miles from the correct location.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    48 of 50, 4 miles off (second try), Kansas early on hurt me.

You have to be careful when placing states, I was slopping placing Alaska the first time and it dinged me.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    did pretty well, I guess. 92% accuracy with an avg error of 13 miles. Got Nevada very early on. Knew approximately where it was, but it's kind of hard to place a state perfectly in the middle of nothing.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    47 of 50, 11mi average error. Sloppy on Alaska dinged me, as well as Kansas #1 and Wyoming before any of the other western states. Delaware and Rhode Island were near the end, so they were easy.

Time was nuts because I left it open while working, tabbing back and forth, something like 1800 seconds.

Top Bottom