• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    finishing up my AR build ... ended up with 2 rifles instead of 1 ... my ? is : the buttstock i am considering is the MAGPUL ACS-L ... this rifle has JSE 16" dissipator upper w LAR quad-rail type forend & currently wears MAGPUL flip-up rear sight , contemplating optics but that is down the road ($$$...)... anyone have likes/dislikes/opinions about this stock ?

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I have a the UBR and thought about getting the ACS. You could do worse. The ACS is a quality stock. The UBR was more my speed though in the end.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    It depends on if you want good cheek weld or just don't care. If it's the former, go for the ACS or the Magpul STR. The LaRue RAT stock or the MFT Battlelink are also good options, as well as the B5 SOPMOD. If cheek weld isn't an issue, go ahead and buy pretty much whatever your heart desires. The CTR is good and inexpensive and I've heard good things about the Battlelink Minimalist stock as well

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    thanks guys , always get good solid input on here :) .... considered UBR but every review i read said it is very heavy & i already inadvertently went overweight out front w barrel ... cheek weld is absolutely required here ... haven't seen those other options , but will definitely research them :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    cheek weld is absolutely required here

What is your head shape? Are you a long or round head?

As you can see my head is round (I am wide through the cheek bones, squirrel cheeks) and I find the CTR stock optimal for both irons and optics.

5a1a58c79e91feada209506618ca8c14_400x400.jpeg

If you are a long head, may want to check out the ACS or something that is able to adjust.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I had an ACS-L and it was great. I added an extended butt pad. Inside it I kept an extra battery and single use squeeze tube of lube, just in case ;)
    I now have...

UBR - heavy but built like a tank, great way to balance out a suppressor

CTR - simple stock with the benefit of a friction lock and qd socket. cheek weld is decent

MOE - like it on my M&P 15-22 but wouldn't put it on an AR15

Battlelink Minimalist - dirt cheap and light as can be while still having a decent cheek weld and comfortable rubber butt pad

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I personally like the B5 Systems stocks. Solid cheek weld and relatively inexpensive. The Enhanced version offers battery storage that is both better sealed and more secure than the ACS.

Top Bottom