• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I've got a $100 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods for christmas, and I want to buy a tent with it.

My restriction is that I want to also be able to fit my wife and daughter inside, but still have it fit my price range.

Any suggestions? :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For the money I like the Coleman tents. Have two and both have held up well. They carried a weathertech trademark if memory serves. I like the ones that do not have the seems for the floor right at ground level. I also prefer my dome tent to the cabin style. The dome is much easier to pitch. I would go no smaller then a 10x10 dome. 12x12 would be better.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    What vert said about the dome tent. I have had good luck with the Wenzel brand as far as bang for the buck is concerned. We prefer tent camping over the other methods and have two huge wenzels. One has made it through around 14 seasons of abuse so far and the other around 8. We have the multi-room cabin style, but they really take up a lot of space and don't go up as quickly or carry as well as the dome style. They usually require 2 sets of hands to pitch.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I have both cabin (9x12) and dome (13) and like the dome better - although the cabin has "rooms". I also have a couple smaller ones - both dome. One that is in the truck bub.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Although they may be more expensive I would look for a tent with aluminum poles. The fiberglass poles just don't seem to be as durable to me.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I have a Eureka three season that is a dome. For a little mor scratch, add a vestibule down the road to keep your boots and other stuff in that you want covered.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have a Eureka three season that is a dome. For a little mor scratch, add a vestibule down the road to keep your boots and other stuff in that you want covered.
    A Eureka Timberline( I think that is the line) can be had in various sizes, has vestibules available, Aluminum poles, spare parts available and I think can be had for around $120 from Campmor or maybe Sierra Trading post. This tent is durable, and can be roomy (it comes in different sizes). You may be able to order it through Dick's, so you can use store credit.

Top Bottom