Which Trigger, Oh which trigger should I go for my G-19?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Glocks have sorry ass triggers and it doesn't matter what you spend on it, what you do to it, it's never going to be a clean breaking 1911 trigger feel. Glock trigger pull is akin to chewing raw oatmeal, wrapped in aluminum foil, with a full mouth and no water.
    Before you plastic kiddies get your panties in a bind I want you to know I carry a G19 gen4 w/3 1/5lb Glock connector, polished internals, trigger stop, etc. I shoot it pretty damned good.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I am with the guys who are saying there is nothing wrong with the factory trigger that shooting it a lot won't fix. I do admit to putting the minus connectors in mine, but that is about it. This goes double for the ones I carry, which are any of my Glocks except my G17 MOS. Even that has a factory trigger in it just reworked by Glocktriggers.com.

John224

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    239   0   1
    Apr 8, 2010
    West Indianapolis
    Have one with an Overwatch Precision TAC, but so far, although it feels better with my "Trump" fingers, I don't seem to shoot much better target wise! But then again, I am over 70 and not sure anything helps!

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Have one with an Overwatch Precision TAC, but so far, although it feels better with my "Trump" fingers, I don't seem to shoot much better target wise! But then again, I am over 70 and not sure anything helps!

I really like the Overwatch trigger John thanks again. Over 70?! No way!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've discovered that you can use one of the CZ Custom 6SAO flat single action triggers in the G19 with some parts swapping. To do so, start by removing the slide and setting the assembly aside. Then pull the three pins, and set those aside. Pull the entire fire control group out, springs and all and set those aside. Then take the frame and set that aside also. Now, you'll need a new CZ frame and everything that goes into it. Then, buy a new CZ slide assembly and mount that on your new frame assembly. Add grips, a magazine and you are done. All of those original Glock parts can be sent to me for proper disposal if you'd like.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I think for the average shooter, there is nothing terrible wrong with the stock trigger of a Glock. Can it be improved and should Glock actually have done those improvements from the factory? Hell yes

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I installed a Lone Wolf trigger kit in a G19 this morning. Adjusted most of the pre-travel out of the trigger but did not adjust over-travel as this is a defensive handgun and over-travel adjustment failure could potentially lock the handgun. For the price, I really like it. The g19 is just about the perfect defensive handgun with this small modification.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you would like to take a look at what I do and dry fire one I'm usually at Point Blank in Greenwood a couple of times a week. I would advise against changing springs if it's a carry gun. PM me if you are interested.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer

vvk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Indy
    I think the stock trigger is pretty good from factory. I wouldn't change anything if you want to use it for carry.

98m3s2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2015
    Jeffersonville
    I like the Overwatch Precision Teiggers as they maintain all safety features but correct the travel that most don't like. Many color options and other features as well.

Top Bottom