• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    cz's have a limited amount of choices for sights and the only ones i have seen are meprolights, trijicons, xs big dots.

i tried to order big dots but they were out of stock. i notice a $40 difference in the meprolights compared to the trijicons, does anyone know why? has anyone used the different color rear sights on the meprolights?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have a set of glock factory sights that are meps. They're green. I love em.

As long as they glow, it's all good.

Also, as far as differing colors; I see no real benefit to it except for fiber rods. At night, the center dot glows a bit differently and is a tiny bit smaller. YMMV though.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've always bought Trijicon. They're both good sites, I just like the Trijicon ones better. Plus, Trijicon donates part of the sale to Wounded Warrior Project. Well, at least they used to, I haven't bought any for a while.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got some regular trijis on a g19 and xs big dots 24/7's on a g26. I really like the sight picture of the regular triji's better. I'm still not used to "dotting the I" with the xs big dots, but I haven't really practiced with it that much either, only 500 rounds or so.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Truglo is awesome, fiber optic for the day and large tritium for the night, I have them on my M&P and I'll put them on every new gun that they make them for

TruGlo TFO Tritium & Fiber Optic Gun Sights
    TFO - Tritium/Fiber Optic Technology!
    Brightest Day / Night Sights On The Market

botach_2226_3110805232

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Truglo is awesome, fiber optic for the day and large tritium for the night, I have them on my M&P and I'll put them on every new gun that they make them for

TruGlo TFO Tritium & Fiber Optic Gun Sights
    TFO - Tritium/Fiber Optic Technology!
    Brightest Day / Night Sights On The Market

botach_2226_3110805232
    A HUGE +1 on this one. I've put these on all my carry guns. The biggest benefit for me is in bright sunlight. The standard white dot or line sights get lost on a bright day if the sun is overhead or slightly in my face. But with the fiber optics the brighter the light the brighter they glow. I've put tritium sights on other guns and they don't compare to the Tru Glos.

Mine cost about $100 each plus tax but I always remember something I read a long time ago: When you have to pull your weapon in a life or death situation that is the time you will either be very glad of the weapon and accessories you've chosen or very very sad.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I currently run Meprolight Tru-Dots (very rugged and accurate) on all of my full-size and compact pistols, and XS Big Dots (very visible and fast) on all my sub-compact pistols.

BerettaPX4-MeprolightTru-Dot.jpg

BerettaPX4-MeprolightTru-Dot-Dark.jpg

Glock26-XSBigDot.jpg

Glock26-XSBigDot-Dark.jpg

Although, I am thinking about trying out a pair of the Ameriglo Pro-i Dot sights for my new Glock 17 (they seem to be the best of both worlds, fast AND accurate).

proidotgreen.jpg

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Although, I am thinking about trying out a pair of the Ameriglo Pro-i Dot sights for my new Glock 17 (they seem to be the best of both worlds, fast AND accurate).

I have Ameriglo IDOT Pro's on my Glock 19 and have been very happy with them thus far. They are quick to get on target and accurate as well.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

proidotgreen.jpg

Hmm, I would give those a try.

I love the Big Dots on my Glock 23. I haven't had them all that long, but shot them quite a bit. At first I thought they were kind of neat shooting silhouette targets, and I was grouping "ok". Where I really built confidence with them was Friday Night Steel. The speed on target is just instinctive, and I later learned to be quite precise with them after some practice.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've got all three brands mentioned on various firearms. IMHO they are all very good with the Meps probably being the brightest when new. I also had some Ameriglos at one time, which were as good as the others. Also, the Meps were the least expensive.

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm really liking the Trijicon HD's. I have them on my XD-S now and have a set I need to install on my 1911. The front sight is very easy to quickly pick up with it's bright orange dot. With the rear containing only the tritium vials with no outlines, it doesn't distract from the front sight. This speeds up sight acquisition for me.

The cell phone picture doesn't reproduce the dot color well. It's actually more like a hunters blaze orange.

8076957784_379d3fcac6_b.jpg

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Tru-glo TFOs are my Favorite Tritium sight it glows green in the day and night. I do have a set of Trijcon on one my glocks from factory when they go out they will be replaced by the TFOs. :twocents:

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I'm really liking the Trijicon HD's. I have them on my XD-S now and have a set I need to install on my 1911. The front sight is very easy to quickly pick up with it's bright orange dot. With the rear containing only the tritium vials with no outlines, it doesn't distract from the front sight. This speeds up sight acquisition for me.

The cell phone picture doesn't reproduce the dot color well. It's actually more like a hunters blaze orange.

+1 on this. I have Trijicon HD sights on all of my Glocks. I like the yellow front sight, easy to pick up against the subdued rear sight with its tritium-only dots (no white outlines) and deep U shape. Very fast sight acquisition.

Top Bottom