• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Did a search, but have a buddy who wants to buy his son an AR from Wal-Mart. He lives in Avon, can anyone tell me which Wal-Marts outside the Indy area radius carry AR's? Thanks!

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You might check the walmart site. According to the walmart app on my Ipad, the ones in Columbus and Seymour carry them. Unfortunately, the way the app works, it will only check stores within a certain radius of where I am--not where I want to check.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Columbus does sell them. But i've never seen them there, they always sell as soon as they hit the case. They have had a Colt model and a Sig.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks, I was in Seymour on Sunday and saw three in their showcase, was just wondering if a WM close to Avon or closest to the Indy metro area had any. Greenfield/Columbus those would be closest to him so far.

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    Check out Highsmith Guns > Home They're a short drive from Fishers to Greenfield and last time I was in there, they had ARs. They have a nice indoor range too.

Upon further review, your friend is in Avon. A bit of a trek from there. But still, good guys and a nice range. :-)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Is there a particular reason your friend wants a Wal-Mart rifle rather than supporting a LGS? I'm not trying to call him out, just wondering I if there's a specific reason or maybe a huge price difference. Forgive my ignorance as I'm not much of an AR guy. (At least not yet anyway.)

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    Is there a particular reason your friend wants a Wal-Mart rifle rather than supporting a LGS? I'm not trying to call him out, just wondering I if there's a specific reason or maybe a huge price difference. Forgive my ignorance as I'm not much of an AR guy. (At least not yet anyway.)
    Probably due to price...my only guess. When I was pricing a Magpul Colt 6920 not too long ago, Walmart was about $100 less than Bradis. I'm not going to further de-rail the thread....but money saved is money earned. As mentioned above, Brownsburg would be the closest location to Avon. I'm pretty sure the Camby store sells guns as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Did a search, but have a buddy who wants to buy his son an AR from Wal-Mart. He lives in Avon, can anyone tell me which Wal-Marts outside the Indy area radius carry AR's? Thanks!

Up road in Brownsburg usually has a BushMaster or S&W in stock... All of 10-15min from Avon...

The only Wal-Mart I'm aware of on the west side that carries rifles is Brownsburg.

Last time I was in Brownsburg they had some in the case. The Brownsurg Walmart seemed much nicer than the Avon store at least as far as the sporting goods dept goes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Probably due to price...my only guess. When I was pricing a Magpul Colt 6920 not too long ago, Walmart was about $100 less than Bradis. I'm not going to further de-rail the thread....but money saved is money earned. As mentioned above, Brownsburg would be the closest location to Avon. I'm pretty sure the Camby store sells guns as well.

Good enough reason. Probably not a bad idea if he's looking for a no-frills stock rifle. Thanks for the reply.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Ditto on brownsburg. They usually have a couple in the case. Not sure it's the one you want, but theres usually something in there.
    Not too shabby on ammo lately either.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Columbus Rural King had several ARs last night. I haven't been to a Wal-Mart lately so I can't help you there.

Top Bottom