• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    So. Bend
    We get a call from one of the many VA's that we work with and they ordered two individual items that came up to $1.05. They wanted said items to be shipped out overnight early a.m delivery which they paid $94.65 for. Got to love government spending!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Surely two items with a total value of $1.05 shouldn't cost $94.65 to ship, even overnight, unless they are going to a VA hospital in Antarctica?

Tink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    So. Bend
    Depends on co. Policy. No minimum order amount, but min. Shipping amount plus the overnight charge plus the early a.m fee.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Knowing the FedEx rates we pay at work (far less than retail), I'd bet there's a bit of government markup in that rate. ;)

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Knowing the FedEx rates we pay at work (far less than retail), I'd bet there's a bit of government markup in that rate. ;)

I'm sure there's a lot of mark-up, and not just by the Gov.. Many supply company's who service the Gov take advantage of the situation. After I got out of the service I went to work for a contractor that did some DOD work also.. I know what they charged the avg customer, and I also know what they charged the Gov for the some thing..

But with that said... I know of a captain who would have given one of his kidneys for a $10 part that went to a missile launcher while we were in the Persian Gulf right in the middle of Desert Storm.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We get a call from one of the many VA's that we work with and they ordered two individual items that came up to $1.05. They wanted said items to be shipped out overnight early a.m delivery which they paid $94.65 for. Got to love government spending!

Hey! They're spending your money there Mr. Wizard. Might try and minimize the damage.:dunno:

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don't think he is in control of the shipping charges.

Phooey! Thought better of that Brainiac comment and you quoted me b4 I got it changed. I stand here red of face and apologetic. :(
    Still, the idea that we should rejoice in the stupidity of government procurement befuddles me. Have you done anything, OP, to try and remedy the stupidity?

We gotta start somewhere, I guess.:dunno:

Top Bottom