SE Indy

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    im 90% makers mark either reg or 46.
    the other 10% falls for bookers, crown xr/cask 16, jack daniels single. (thats in no particular order)

Maker's Mark is my favorite, and has the best tour of all of them. I still haven't tried 46, but I see it happening shortly. Have you been using the sweet ice cube mold they sent this Christmas? :D

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    lol they sent me 2 of them. i did use them once. but freezer space is very limited and therefor i just enjoy the drink 8-)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    IMHO this is the best Ambassador gift since the coasters!

I have a little trouble getting them out of the molds, but they are pretty sweet overall. I have only been an Ambassador for a couple of years, but this has been the best gift so far. Great product, great distillery, great customer service.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Maker's Mark is my favorite, and has the best tour of all of them. I still haven't tried 46, but I see it happening shortly. Have you been using the sweet ice cube mold they sent this Christmas? :D

46 is nice. I still havent figured out if i like it chilled or not.
    either way, the oak taste is much more noticeable and has a spicy kick at the end. it wont over whelm you at the end, but its a nice kick!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have a little trouble getting them out of the molds, but they are pretty sweet overall. I have only been an Ambassador for a couple of years, but this has been the best gift so far. Great product, great distillery, great customer service.

I had the same problem. I sprayed cold water on them untill they released.

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    Old Bunny Brand

I found this in a suspended cieling. Label says colored and flavored with wood chips and stored less than one month in used cooperge. Distilled in Illinois and bottled by Rush and Hebble Indianapolis.

Bunny2.jpg

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bringing this thread back up...

Has anyone tried the W.H. Harrison Straight Bourbon yet?!

I picked up a bottle out of curiosity and will be popping it open in the near future...

I tried some at a bourbon tasting and unfortunately it is lacking. I think it is too young. I hope you enjoy, if nothing else you can use it as a mixer.

My favorite bourbons that I normally buy are Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace and Four Roses Small Batch. I also like George Dickel #12.

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    Won't be trying that. Fortunately for me I found out that I like cheap whiskey best. I started reading Bourbon Enthusiast and tried about a dozen different brands before coming back to Evan Williams. My favorites are Wild Turkey 101 and Makers Mark but I only get them when they are on sale at CVS.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

I just now realized that I did not receive my Christmas gift from Makers this year. I think I'll have to email Emily.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Blast from the past, Just picked up a bottle of Bookers last night. 129.1 proof 7 years 4 months. I think this is the second highest proof they have produced with the highest being 130.x To bad I will not open it :-/

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I didn't pay attention to the date of this thread at first, and saw Bennys avatar but noticed he was quoted as Bazooka Joe, I thought he switched his name again for a moment. :):

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The Maker's Mark Christmas gift this year was a tiny Christmas sweater to put on a bottle of Maker's. Man, I love that group down there.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Blast from the past, Just picked up a bottle of Bookers last night. 129.1 proof 7 years 4 months. I think this is the second highest proof they have produced with the highest being 130.x To bad I will not open it :-/

Why won't you open it?

That is pretty high, I just looked at the bottle I have and it's "only" 125.4 proof.

The Maker's Mark Christmas gift this year was a tiny Christmas sweater to put on a bottle of Maker's. Man, I love that group down there.

The Christmas gift I saw was a couple of Maker's ornaments.:):

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I am weird, but it went with my small collection of other bottles I wont be opening anytime soon. Now if I get a second bottle.... one of them wont be safe!

Top Bottom