• ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Per Instapundit:

Two thoughts: (1) If the Obama Administration wants to ensure that no ally will trust the United States again, they’re doing what it takes; and (2) If I had as much to hide as the Obama Administration does, I’m not sure I’d start a leak-war.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm shocked, simply shocked to find out that Israel has a nuclear weapons capability.

Tell me something new.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's all about leadership pouting and posturing when things don't go their way. The details about Israel's nuclear capability aren't important, they have bombs, everybody knows it. Call Benny up on the phone and give him a cussing if you're not happy, this trite release of supposed secrets sounds more like the behavior of spoiled children.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The details are important. Confirming the bombs is the least of it. It is the specifics of their capabilities, including details, locations, and pictures.

dimona.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The BHO regime shows their loyalties by their actions.

As far as Israel having nuclear weapons, it's been known unofficially since at least the 1980's that they have them (I know I did).
    And like the USA, I trust Israel having nuclear weapons because I know they have them as a deterrent, and wouldn't use them except as a last resort to save their country (which sadly I fear they'll be forced to do one day).
    In fact, Israel has always never officially announced they they have them, only saying "Israel won't be the first country to introduce nuclear weapons to the Middle East".

Iran on the other hand likely wants nuclear weapons to use offensively for terrorism and genocide.
    And when they get them, you can be sure they won't be low key about it.
    They'll want everybody to know they have them and will use them to threaten people.
    The equivalent to giving a gun to a violent criminal.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The details are important. Confirming the bombs is the least of it. It is the specifics of their capabilities, including details, locations, and pictures.

dimona.jpg

Odds are they are all single stage boosted fission weapons. How much real estate they can flatten and irradiate can be figured pretty easily. I would imagine the global intelligence community has a close idea on the number and that info has been sold to people who aren't Israel's friends already.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Per Instapundit:Per Instapundit:

Two thoughts: (1) If the Obama Administration wants to ensure that no ally will trust the United States again, they’re doing what it takes
    Well, pudly, it depends on who, exactly, the allies of the Liar-In-Chief are.

If Israel is (allegedly) an ally of the Liar-In-Chief (highly doubtful) then that observation is correct.

However, if Iran and other terrorists nations and groups are his allies, then the 'leak' makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

How to know which is which? Look at his actions, who he has repeatedly allied and sat with, and who he has repeatedly shunned.

'Coincidence'? :rolleyes:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Odds are they are all single stage boosted fission weapons. How much real estate they can flatten and irradiate can be figured pretty easily. I would imagine the global intelligence community has a close idea on the number and that info has been sold to people who aren't Israel's friends already.

The article I read about the info release mentioned them having hydrogen/fusion weapons. Which makes sense - I think it said in the late 1980s their nuclear research was at about where we were in late 50s or early 60s. They've probably figured it all out long before now.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Per Instapundit:
    Two thoughts: (1) If the Obama Administration wants to ensure that no ally will trust the United States again, they’re doing what it takes; and (2) If I had as much to hide as the Obama Administration does, I’m not sure I’d start a leak-war.

#1 is already coming true: Richard Engel: Military Officials Say Allies No Longer Trust Us, Fear Intel Might Leak to Iran | Washington Free Beacon

More and more (formerly solid) allies are taking actions while avoiding notifying the US.

Top Bottom