• ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    What are we complaining about here?

Paternity leave in general?

Paternity leave for a gay man that adopted?

Paternity leave for a government employee?

Paternity leave for a Democrat?

The length of the leave?

There are so many things about this administration that are really messed up. Extended paternity leave isn't on the radar for me. Paternity leave is a good thing. I had to us my vacation time when my child was born. Bringing a new child into any home will take a lot of adjustment.

If this had been one of Trump's Secretaries would there have been any complaints?

Just FYI This was first started in 1993 at the urging of Al Gore as VP. It was then expanded to paid leave under the last administration.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He wants the title and prestige without actually doing the job.
    Well, I'm being told that excellence, competence and mathematical precision are racist - so I guess, like Milley, you have to come up with an agenda that avoids all the leftist landmines and they keep planting more and more landmines all the time

I'm sure his fellow travelers don't (dare) ask what gender and sexual orientation have to do with supply chain collapse. Let's Go Brandon

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why do we give a ****?
    Because they are unequivocally showing us that a cabinet slot is patronage - payoff for some consideration or support of the doddering old **** - and he is not expected to solve any real problems for the country

He won't even be fired for failure at his job because he is intersectional and thus protected. He can only fail if evidence comes to light that he is/has oppressed someone with greater intersectionality

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Everyone should get paternity leave. Wife had two c sections and after each work was like “See you tomorrow” and I was like “ see you in a few weeks, pay me, don’t pay me but I’m taking time off”

that said 3 months paternity leave is better than what 90% of moms get. Maybe dems should do something useful and mandate the rest of the country get paternity leave too.

no one has a problem with mandates anymore so why not?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    To be fair, this is standard for federal employees. My brother works for the VA and got a ton of paid paternity leave. Wish it had been more common when I had my kids.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    To be fair, this is standard for federal employees. My brother works for the VA and got a ton of paid paternity leave. Wish it had been more common when I had my kids.
    But but but, what would we complain about then? Paid Maternity/Paternity leave is wonderful. I just wished more employers would get on board.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Everyone should get paternity leave. Wife had two c sections and after each work was like “See you tomorrow” and I was like “ see you in a few weeks, pay me, don’t pay me but I’m taking time off”

that said 3 months paternity leave is better than what 90% of moms get. Maybe dems should do something useful and mandate the rest of the country get paternity leave too.

no one has a problem with mandates anymore so why not?
    Spending other people's money again

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    let's be honest: this situation of him and his partner having a baby is ridiculous. We live in a ridiculous, degenerate era. Yeah, I said it.
    Why? I've got gay uncles on my wife's side that adopted a daughter when she was a baby...her mother didn't want her and couldn't provide for her. They are phenomenal parents and have given her opportunities most people can only dream about. She recently moved to Ireland to pursue higher education. She's an exceptional and respectful young woman.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    But but but, what would we complain about then? Paid Maternity/Paternity leave is wonderful. I just wished more employers would get on board.
    Lol exactly. Back when I worked for a big chain pharmacy, they introduced 12 weeks paid paternity leave right after I blew through my PTO after my second, and last, child was born. Due to the language of the policy, I wasn't allowed to take the paid leave...brutal timing. Would've loved to spend that time bonding with my family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So he can be gone for 3 months from an important cabinet position in a time of crisis.
    just shows he is not doing anything in that chair anyway so let him stay home.
    I am OK with the leave. But it ain’t like they just had a new baby. Yes a new family member but no one is healing up from birthing.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So he can be gone for 3 months from an important cabinet position in a time of crisis.
    just shows he is not doing anything in that chair anyway so let him stay home.
    I am OK with the leave. But it ain’t like they just had a new baby. Yes a new family member but no one is healing up from birthing.
    From reading through all of this, it seems like different people are upset about this for different reasons. I guess if he followed the same rules anyone else would have to, then I don’t see an issue. But you’re right, three months is a lot of time. Maybe I’m jealous I don’t get to be gone that long, with pay.

Top Bottom