• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Over on M4Carbine.net there is a thread about dying Magpul products and I thought I would write a very polite petition encouraging Magpul to release white polymer products. The contents of the petition are in this post below the link. Anyone think this would be helpful/cool/marketable? If you are interested in white, or the ability to dye other colors (pink, purple, yellow, whatever) Please sign. This has been posted at ar15.com and over at M4Carbine.net If you can think of other places, feel free!

White Magpul Polymer Products Petition
    [SIZE=+1]To: Magpul Industries[/SIZE]

We would like to start by telling you, the fine people at Magpul Industries that, first and foremost, we love your products. Many of us not only have multiple products adorning our various firearms, but are also viewers of your fabulous education programs. And we'll continue to be loyal customers.

The purpose of this petition is that we would like to encourage and request that Magpul add a new color to their line of polymer products. And that color is White. The reasons that we are suggesting white are three fold:

First, in northern climates where it snows a great deal, white would be a very nice option.

Second, there is a growing community of individuals that have begun to experiment with dying their Magpul products to desired colors. Dying has the advantage over painting of not adding anything to the dimensions of products. White would also be a perfect base color, making it easier to achieve the desired colors, especially lighter target colors. (I'm sure there are people that might want pink or yellow Magpul furniture, those colors are currently impossible, or at least incredible difficult.)

Third and Finally, We think white would look pretty slick!

We know that you careful consider the input from operators when it comes to designing and releasing products, we only ask you to consider this option as well.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration!
    Sincerely,
    y7Puv.jpg

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Here is a response from a Magpul rep over at AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource. (AR-15, AR-10, M4 Carbine, M16, H&K, SIG, FNH, FAL, AK-47, 50 Cal, M1/M1A, Handgun, Pistol, Training, Hunting, and More!)

Because white is actually a color additive it would have to be tested to see if it affected the material in an adverse way. We have to go through a full testing cycle on every color we release.

That said it would be easiest to offer the items in a natural state (no color) which is a very light creamy brown. I will bring the subject up but logistically it probably will not be possible.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I would much rather they actually get products in their catalog out to the customers, rather than create more vapor ware. -1 Magpul, instead of an MS3 sling, or improved carbine moe hand guards... we got cases announced almost two years ago for a now outdated iPhone. Way to go fellas. Can't wait to see the things at Shot Show 2011 that won't be shipping till 2015..

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    We'll have to get more than 16 names to get more than a yawn. I'd love to have the white furniture for winter coyote hunting! I'd just quickly swap out my FDE stuff.

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I am an admitted Magpul fan but, if I want seasonal camo, I'll just buy a can of spray paint. Maybe we can pacify the peaceniks by asking for Tye dyed Magpul t-shirts.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I would much rather they actually get products in their catalog out to the customers, rather than create more vapor ware. -1 Magpul, instead of an MS3 sling, or improved carbine moe hand guards... we got cases announced almost two years ago for a now outdated iPhone. Way to go fellas. Can't wait to see the things at Shot Show 2011 that won't be shipping till 2015..

What he said. :rockwoot:

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    Isn't there anyway you could dye a excisting magpul color to white? Or atleast dye it down close enough to white? BTW i really do like the white magpul products in the picture.

Top Bottom