• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Has anyone noticed that there are very few white people on commercials anymore?

I just saw an ad for the Boy's and Girl's Club with Mario Lopez. There were tens if not hundreds of kids on the commercial and there was not one white boy on there. There were two white girls on there (it might have been the same girl twice)

I first noticed it when the Obamas were starting the Play 60 program and there were a lot of football players and a lot of black kids on there. They did have white kids on there, but only a few.

I have noticed this a lot lately. Maybe I am hypersensitive to it, and please let me know if you think I am.

Sorry if this is inappropriate, and mods please remove it if you think it is. I am not trying to start a race war, just trying to have a civil discussion as to if anyone else has noticed it and, if so, why it is ok for the advertisers to do it.

Thanks.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Well Matt , its like this, the white male is soon to be a thing of the past . We have ruled the roost for to long . So we should go ahead and rise our young males to except that fact.

Ok mods ban me , and everyone jump in on this , I said it , I can see you guys sitting in the bushes watching this thread . :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think it has a lot to do with money and focussing on the demographic that can produce greater revenue.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Rooster, That is a great opinion without being crazy and hateful. I understand what you are saying.

That is what I am looking for in a response.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it has a lot to do with money and focussing on the demographic that can produce greater revenue.

:dunno: white males don't have money? I know we are not to have a discussion about this here. I hope since I am responding to a point made by a mod, I will get a pass. Let me add that the below is a far cry from the Dream that MLK had for our society.

It may have to do with this attitude from the head of the FCC Diversity Czar, putting him in charge of television rules.

YouTube - Mark Lloyd says Whites Step Down

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Agree. The advertisers already know we (Caucasians) are brainwashed, now they're going after the others! :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    :dunno: white males don't have money? I know we are not to have a discussion about this here. I hope since I am responding to a point made by a mod, I will get a pass.

It may have to do with this attitude from the head of the FCC Diversity Czar, putting him in charge of television rules.

YouTube - Mark Lloyd says Whites Step Down

No, let me make this a little more clear. If a certain population has been purchasing and spending a large portion of its disposable income on a certain item, while another group has spent very little, advertisers will start placing special emphasis on the other group(s). That is not to say they are taking the first group for granted, but their goal is to keep the two birds in their hands AND get the one in the bush.

It has nothing to do about race, but economics. They want all our money regardless what color the hand is that's turning it over to them.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Oh almost forgot to mention that I'm a member of the Diversity Council at work . Its really alot of fun .

But at 4:00 My brain returns to rational thinking mode.

Diversity = Backdoor racism
    Illegal = Well Illegal
    Metrosexual = Confused

Remove all race and gender questions from applications!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Look at the Advertising from Mickey D's, BK, Rally's, Checkers, etc...

They know their customer base and advertise for it.

Millions of dollars are spent to tell them that African Americans in a particular income group spend a far greater amount of money then any other group.

Look at the advertising on hunting and fishing networks, CMT, NASCAR,or any other predominately white sport or recreation. Advertisers know who they need to aim for.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I hear what you are saying, but I guess I am more of an intolerant one to this tactic. For instance, I used to like to watch NBA basketball, and gradually, I have found myself not watching it. This seems to be as the NBA caters more and more to other cultures.

I don't think I am alone because the NBA is in dire straits right now.

No, let me make this a little more clear. If a certain population has been purchasing and spending a large portion of its disposable income on a certain item, while another group has spent very little, advertisers will start placing special emphasis on the other group(s). That is not to say they are taking the first group for granted, but their goal is to keep the two birds in their hands AND get the one in the bush.

It has nothing to do about race, but economics. They want all our money regardless what color the hand is that's turning it over to them.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT

Que you are 100% right about that . +1
    That is also one of the other reason alot of our jobs went south of the border.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I have noticed one thing and if you don't believe me, watch TV tonight and pay close attention to commercials....

Commercials do not just simply have black people in them. They are fair skinned black people with tight curly hair. Usually women in their late 20's, early 30's. Rarely will you see any dark or even medium skinned blacks on commercials. I could go into why they choose these types, but I won't as its merely speculative.

Just something I have noticed.

As for white people being on commercials less... That is funny.... They are everywhere. Im watching the news right now and there were 2 car commercials and one for aspirin. All with whites in it. (Well the 1 car salesman was black.)

I think the addition of diversity on TV is just becoming noticed more than before. About time too, I'm tired of all this race crap. I wish everyone was green.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom