• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Amazing! The more buildings around you equals better internet..

I want to live in the middle of nowhere.

I want fast internet and all convenience if modern life.

The quandary of the American culture
    We do live in the middle of nowhere. As I have posted, ours is tolerable, but we have started thinking about starlink.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Getting back on track…. This article is by two of the researchers cited in the book. They say they were completely misrepresented and refute the claims of the white rural rage authors.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I love hearing white people talk about how white people owe another race something.

CNN anchors spend hours on it. Fine. Give up your gravy job and step down for a black man or a native american. Dont preach to us that struggle to get by, and act like i should be castrated and struggle more. Most of us bust our asses 12 hours a day 6 days a week, and youre telling me i somehow have it better and should give **** up?

Nah. Aint happenin.

I gave up mrs buttersworth. We’re even.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Getting back on track…. This article is by two of the researchers cited in the book. They say they were completely misrepresented and refute the claims of the white rural rage authors.

The final paragraph is below. Hopefully those hillbillies farther off the highway than @GodFearinGunTotin (like where I grew up) can upgrade their 28.8K to a high enough speed so they can read this.

Seriously, it's no wonder they want to disarm the law-abiding in this country.

Now for the food discussion: road-kill pizza: for everyone or just hillbillies?

At a time when trust in experts is on the decline throughout America, flawed analysis like the ideas in White Rural Rage may be a greater threat to American democracy than anything coming from the countryside. It is popular these days to say "follow the science." Well, the science shows that there is no mystery to rural rage: Years of neglect, abandonment, and scorn have driven rural America to view "experts" like Schaller and Waldman as the enemy.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Amazing! The more buildings around you equals better internet..

I want to live in the middle of nowhere.

I want fast internet and all convenience if modern life.

The quandary of the American culture
    You can have it all.

I moved from a subdivison on 0.2ac to 15ac out in the sticks. We have fiber internet (installed shortly after we bought the place) and zero issues with USPS/UPS deliveries, sometimes FedEx is a day late, but they've figured out just to leave it at the gate. Amazon via USPS has been very reliable and predictable, much more so than the same day delivery with a different driver every time that we had in the suburbs.

See my thread on damming up a creek to see the pressing issues out in the sticks (also the Tick threads). My main creek is good, but very sedimenty where it merges with my neighbors before going off my land.

I'm working on building two bridges across the creek and putting in a 100yd range so there's that. BRB, taking a lunch and casting a line into my lake since it's nice out...

Rage on!

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It's funny this doesn't have more outrage attached to it, as the furor has died down over the years. Uncle Sugar paid the telco companies tons and tons of money to run the infrastructure, which they took and then didn't do the work. Not only that, but then they increased their prices. I'ts not a myth that people have short memories.
    Not excusing telcos, but this is on the shoulders of politicians. They never intended for a massive buildout. The majority of the politicians had no idea what they were signing legislation, for they’re not Telco experts. Secondly, most of that money was given out to people that could hand the politicians favors they knew it wasn’t going to go to infrastructure to begin with.

One example is the money set out to run fiber to schools for distance learning, the money only paid for the fiber it didn’t pay for the equipment on each end that translated to signals that equipment was left up to the local school district to pay for the politicians knew it yet they said nothing. The majority of the schools that needed the access to the fiber, never had the funds to buy the equipment so the fiber went unused for years. Sadly, this fiber belongs to the federal government and can’t be used for anything else if the schools are not using it, it’s rotting in place.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's funny...I tweeted a pic with the hash tag #WhiteRural Rage on X...(this one) of my wife and I eating cheese and crackers under a cliff at the new property the day we closed on it with the words, "cheese and crackers underneath our favorite tree at the farm #WhiteRuralRage" and walked away from the computer...came back an hour later and it had Lord knows how many views and comments....I don't have that many followers lol...I was trying to figure it out when I saw that feminist icon Doctor Naomi Wolf had quote tweeted me saying, "I love how people are fighting back with humor" I was like, "I wasn't trying to be funny" then it hit me..."cheese and CRACKERS" lol.....

1710173859312.png

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Until some bully mod tries to force the thread back on topic :xmad:
    INGO has much more leeway than other forums I'm on.

Hell, on a different forum I quoted a post and gave a legit answer and it was deleted for being off topic - no idea who the frigging mod was who deleted it...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    INGO has much more leeway than other forums I'm on.

Hell, on a different forum I quoted a post and gave a legit answer and it was deleted for being off topic - no idea who the frigging mod was who deleted it...
    It would take an army of mods to keep up with that here. ;)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You can have it all.

I moved from a subdivison on 0.2ac to 15ac out in the sticks. We have fiber internet (installed shortly after we bought the place) and zero issues with USPS/UPS deliveries, sometimes FedEx is a day late, but they've figured out just to leave it at the gate. Amazon via USPS has been very reliable and predictable, much more so than the same day delivery with a different driver every time that we had in the suburbs.

See my thread on damming up a creek to see the pressing issues out in the sticks (also the Tick threads). My main creek is good, but very sedimenty where it merges with my neighbors before going off my land.

I'm working on building two bridges across the creek and putting in a 100yd range so there's that. BRB, taking a lunch and casting a line into my lake since it's nice out...

Rage on!
    Give it 5 years :)

Top Bottom