Whitehouse petition for Texas to leave the union.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There has been a secessionist movement in Texas for as long as Texas has been a state. Nothing new. I lived in Texas in 1978 -79. It was very common to see bumper stickers with one word on them, "Secede". However, it ain't going to happen. Would be more realistic, practical, and have more widespread benefit for all 50 states to simply impeach Obama. I will sign that petition! :D

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    There has been a secessionist movement in Texas for as long as Texas has been a state. Nothing new. I lived in Texas in 1978 -79. It was very common to see bumper stickers with one word on them, "Secede". However, it ain't going to happen. Would be more realistic, practical, and have more widespread benefit for all 50 states to simply impeach Obama. I will sign that petition! :D

I was born and raised in Texas, just moved up to Indy last November. Talk of seceding happens every time a democrat gets elected and talk of weapons bans comes up. Granted I would move back if it did happen, all of my family is still in Texas.

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    My Father-in-law lives in Texas, and keeps talking about Texas seceding. I was thinking about this the other day. If Texas does secede, how easy would it be to get down there? Would the US try to limit people running across the boarder? Would they try to control what items (like guns) that can be "exported?" Would Texas take all comers, or would they attempt to control who crosses their new national boarder?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Would be more realistic, practical, and have more widespread benefit for all 50 states to simply impeach Obama. I will sign that petition! :D

Except states don't have impeachment power, and impeachment alone doesn't result in removal (see Clinton).

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Except states don't have impeachment power, and impeachment alone doesn't result in removal (see Clinton).

Understand that the states can not impeach Obama. I understand it takes an act of congress, which means that both sides, the House and the Senate, would finally have to agree on something. That hasn't happened in a long time. Actually, if congress were functioning, BHO would have been impeached long ago. But if things get painful enough, then maybe, just maybe... What I meant was that if congress did impeach Obama, there would be more benefit from that for all 50 states, as compared to Texas seceding, which would only benefit Texas.

Top Bottom