• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedarthicket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Not a white-tailed deer, but a white-tailed fox squirrel. My wife and I have been seeing it every few days for the last month or so. Finally, I had a relatively inexpensive digital camera close by today when I saw the WT squirrel through our kitchen window. I zoomed in as best I could and pressed the camera against the window to steady it. This is not a professional picture by any means, but I was happy to get it.

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Thanks for the post. My wife just saw one and mentioned it to me. Wondered what it was. Morgan Co.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    We have them in Pendleton IN also. These are not albino just a color phase. I have also seen them with just white tips on the tail and black tips and tails. I only see them on the west side of Pendleton near the Prison farm. In the park and where I hunt I do not see the white tails or black tails. Also you will see several of the white tip or tails ones one year and then only maybe one the next. I think the white tail offers an advantage in finding mates but a disadvantage in camo from hawks and owls.

There is a genetic thing going on for sure. With limited hunting at the prison farm maybe they got an easier life than the east side tree rats. Then again maybe the west siders are better fighters. Like west side story.

Top Bottom