• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    95% packed and ready to roll first thing. Looking forward to the whole experience.
    ”shooters your preparation time begins now” is how I woke up my 11 year old son at 6 am today
    :rockwoot:

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Dan and I had a great time at this event!! I'm looking forward to practicing what I learned from everyone who had a helpful tip to share. Great group of instructors, volunteers, and shooters! Our gratitude to you all - especially Alan and Mae for their generosity and hospitality I finally won something - and it's niiice! (I never win stuff.):rockwoot:

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Dan and I had a great time at this event!! I'm looking forward to practicing what I learned from everyone who had a helpful tip to share. Great group of instructors, volunteers, and shooters! Our gratitude to you all - especially Alan and Mae for their generosity and hospitality 珞 I finally won something - and it's niiice! (I never win stuff.):rockwoot:

You did awesome. Thanks for spending the weekend with us.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Truly sorry to have missed the second day.

How did the shingle shooting go? Anyone hit?
    There were several shingle hits the next day. Some of them even intentional.
    Seriously though there were some excellent shooters and at least one clean target. Congrats Larry.
    You were conspicuous by you abscence on Sunday. You missed a great day of shooting, history and let’s not forget the giveaway prizes curtesy of A&A Optics.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Seriously though there were some excellent shooters and at least one clean target. Congrats Larry.
    You were conspicuous by you abscence on Sunday. You missed a great day of shooting, history and let’s not forget the giveaway prizes curtesy of A&A Optics.

I might know who shot that one. :whistle:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Could be better. Groups aren't as tight as I'd like. Needs more practice.
    b543bc12e0092cb6fb5792f840246874.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Could be better. Groups aren't as tight as I'd like. Needs more practice.
    b543bc12e0092cb6fb5792f840246874.jpg

Well it looks like you have started mastering the fundamentals.......

Nice shooting Hop (as always I might add).
    Was the shingle shot your first 'cold bore' shot?
    It looks about perfect to me.
    Maybe you should shoot weak side next time, just like you did with pistol, or maybe over your shoulder using a mirror.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    To be honest no. My 1st cold bore shot was the 100 yard bell, shot all by itself to the right. It looks like it may have just barely missed the head shot.

Did we have the shooters try this target again later in the day? I only shot it in the morning.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    To be honest no. My 1st cold bore shot was the 100 yard bell, shot all by itself to the right. It looks like it may have just barely missed the head shot.

Did we have the shooters try this target again later in the day? I only shot it in the morning.

Yep this was shot again last thing before the steel Torso and dueling tree.
    A couple of people got the shingle, intentionally, but dropped a shot or two on the bells.
    It was HOT by then....

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Hi all, made to Cindy & Rich's home on Sunday and had a long shower to clean off all the Field Funk from two days. I would like to thank our hosts for their kindness and making me feel at home during the shoot. Another thank you is to the range boss and coaches because I needed a lot of coaching and suggestions to make the rounds hit paper. My Walther P1 that is new to me cracked the slide on the right side all the way through about a 1/32 wide. Think that was what caused the problem, I couldn't hit paper after lunch and after switching to a back-up pistol ( CZ-75b ) I was back to hitting the black. I have been shooting military weapons since 1976 and this is the first time I have had this kind of broken weapon. The silver cloud is I have found a replacement Walther slide for $30 that is thicker than the one installed in 1965 and the other slide parts can transfer over.
    Next day I was shooting a PTR-32 that is a clone of a HK-91 but in 7.62 X 39, I was ready to rock and roll. Being German in design you need a special tool to adjust the rear sight turret and to make a long story short I wasn't using the tool right so that explains why after moving the sight turret it wasn't moving up or down at all. From home we found on the net ( thanks ytube ) a video on HK sight adjustment and the turret does move now. A real big thanks to all that offered help, suggestions, and one on one coaching. It was me and not the rifle, dumb grunt sydrome in effect i guess.
    Wish RR was closer to me in Delaware, think your program offers a lot to shooters and love the history stories. Thanks again to all, I had a blast, met a lot of nice people and next time I hope it's cooler.
    Jump62
    aka Paul Rieger

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN

Believe me... I know I missed out.

To be honest, I felt a little guilty for showing up Saturday. I was so exhausted I was a little afraid I might make an unsafe move.

Sunday, I felt even worse and thought driving over an hour and then shooting would be stupidly tempting fate.

And to further make me hurt, the next Whittemore Weekend, I cannot attend because of work. Which is why I was exhausted in the first place. Oh well. Gotta suck it up....

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    In addition to Alan’s Sharps rifle, we had an Enfield and a “US Rifle Caliber 30 M1” (aka, an M1 Garand) on the line. Lots of history between those 3 rifles...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hi all, made to Cindy & Rich's home on Sunday and had a long shower to clean off all the Field Funk from two days. I would like to thank our hosts for their kindness and making me feel at home during the shoot. Another thank you is to the range boss and coaches because I needed a lot of coaching and suggestions to make the rounds hit paper. My Walther P1 that is new to me cracked the slide on the right side all the way through about a 1/32 wide. Think that was what caused the problem, I couldn't hit paper after lunch and after switching to a back-up pistol ( CZ-75b ) I was back to hitting the black. I have been shooting military weapons since 1976 and this is the first time I have had this kind of broken weapon. The silver cloud is I have found a replacement Walther slide for $30 that is thicker than the one installed in 1965 and the other slide parts can transfer over.
    Next day I was shooting a PTR-32 that is a clone of a HK-91 but in 7.62 X 39, I was ready to rock and roll. Being German in design you need a special tool to adjust the rear sight turret and to make a long story short I wasn't using the tool right so that explains why after moving the sight turret it wasn't moving up or down at all. From home we found on the net ( thanks ytube ) a video on HK sight adjustment and the turret does move now. A real big thanks to all that offered help, suggestions, and one on one coaching. It was me and not the rifle, dumb grunt sydrome in effect i guess.
    Wish RR was closer to me in Delaware, think your program offers a lot to shooters and love the history stories. Thanks again to all, I had a blast, met a lot of nice people and next time I hope it's cooler.
    Jump62
    aka Paul Rieger

OK, well that explains the pistol. Glad you found a replacement slide!

I never knew the rear drum on an HK was height adjustable. I have seen front sight post tools & even front sight guards with holes and a special tool to adjust elevation. Hmm. Mine's a little off. I'll need to look into this.

Top Bottom