Who believes a major terrorist attack close by is coming soon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Considering 9/11 greatly expanded the role of the federal government in the name of fighting terrorism, it MAY take another terrorist attack or two before Americans will gladly accept drones flying overhead, warrantless government spying, and even possible gun confiscations. Everything President Obama wants that Americans currently hate will be easier to pass in a post-ISIS terrorist attack. All in the name of public safety and national security of course. President Obama is not a dummy and I have even wondered once or twice if he is deliberately taunting ISIS into attacking us here. Between our open borders and President Obama calling ISIS a JV team, a terrorist attack on US soil may be too much for them to resist.

So, yes, I think another attack is not only likely but coming in the near future. President Obama's rhetoric is not doing much to avert one either.

Drones aren't necessary if we just enforce our border laws and keep our security up. Same thing with the Patriot Act but today's Average Joe thinks nothing of these things. My uncle is a firefighter and when talking to him about the recent FBI terrorist response drill at Greenwood Park mall, he said is that they're doing a much more controversial drill soon (wouldn't say what) and it will happen within the next 3-4 months. It's sad to think that we could lower American security to get an agenda passed. Operation Northwoods Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia was suggested to Kennedy so we could attack Cuba and sadly I think that there is still a possibility there are people in our government that think the same exact way as the people who developed that plan.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I think it's much more likely that something huge will happen to Europe or Asia than the USA. They've already hit the UK and Russia with train bombings and such, but nothing nearly as bad as 9/11.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

And here we have more fabricated excuses to go to war in a country the US public does not want to go to.

First it was "civil rights violations" by Assad, then it was the old WMD card, then the people suffered gas attacks. All of which the American people weren't shaken by and stood up to the war mongers, telling them No.

I suspect we'll see something happen in some major city relatively soon, because they know the only way to get the public to support a war in Syria is to stage something back home. This seems like nothing more than an attempt to provide context for such.

I've been wondering why they've made such a big deal out of ebola recently... My guess would be that we might hear more about those infected jihadi martyrs here soon.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I believe it will happen only because those with real power realize people are getting sick of all of the civil liberties and police state abuses the policies of a post 9/11 world gave us.

They need another one to remind us why we should be so scared and obedient.

They will use some "evil jihadist" as a patsy and go back to making tons of money and expanding their power.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I believe it will happen only because those with real power realize people are getting sick of all of the civil liberties and police state abuses the policies of a post 9/11 world gave us.

They need another one to remind us why we should be so scared and obedient.

They will use some "evil jihadist" as a patsy and go back to making tons of money and expanding their power.

I have a feeling this is less about getting excuses for more actions domestically, and more about getting excuses to go to war in Syria.

They don't need excuses for things domestically, people bow down and accept every single thing they do.

I would also like to take this time to remind people that ISIS was, and may still be, funded by your tax dollars. In case you happened to forget: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/01/us-usa-syria-obama-order-idUSBRE8701OK20120801

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I not only expect it but wonder why it hasn't happened yet. Just a couple dozen guys in a couple of fair sized cities could do a whole lot of damage. Couple RPGs per group and automatic weapons? Even better plant bombs on a couple hundred cars all on a timer. Bomb a natural gas hub or blow up a couple dozen sub stations.
    How many significant plots do you think have already been thwarted and not heard of?
    It's not like the terrorists aren't trying. They are however getting smarter and more determined. It's my understanding that it's just a matter of time before they succeed.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Whether imminent or not I do not pretend to know. I do feel it is not if but when & where. And how many/often. I am surprised nothing successful has taken place already. Way too many possibilities and people/groups willing...foreign & domestic. I have no doubt there are countless already in the country and more coming in. Car bombs, electric grid, malls, hotels/tourist spots, sporting events, etc., etc. many options have already been mentioned and many more remain. I think to believe it won't/can't happen is extremely foolish.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Whether imminent or not I do not pretend to know. I do feel it is not if but when & where. And how many/often. I am surprised nothing successful has taken place already. Way too many possibilities and people/groups willing...foreign & domestic. I have no doubt there are countless already in the country and more coming in. Car bombs, electric grid, malls, hotels/tourist spots, sporting events, etc., etc. many options have already been mentioned and many more remain. I think to believe it won't/can't happen is extremely foolish.

If I had to place my money on anywhere, it's looking like chicago to me.

What more do you want when ISIS is openly throwing up images like this?
    chicago-isis-tweet.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Muslim Prayer Rug Found on Arizona Border by Independent American Security Contractors

The same contractor told Breitbart News last week that six Special Interest Aliens (SIA’s) from Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen were picked up by U.S. border patrol near Laredo, Texas. Each one had 60,000 Iraqi Dinars ($51.00) apiece on them.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    When the pain level gets high enough, common sense will return to our country.

Wonder why we didn't mess around with the Krauts and Japs in The Big One? 400k American dead, and that's servicemen only. Rack up a similar body count of American civilians and watch those free lawyers for terrorists get tarred and feathered, along with the bleeding heart judges and the loud mouthed politicians who support them (almost all Democrats by the way).

Frankly, Americans don't give a squat about what's going on the world. Look at who they re-elected in 2012. (He doesn't care either) It's in our history and it repeats itself. It'll take a big wake up call to finally take care of the Islamic rot in the mideast.

Top Bottom