• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I agree about the tent camping is much fun! Couple weeks before Labor Day, tried to grab a campsite in 3 different campgrounds. Nada. All booked up.
    Went to a different site, yes a couple tent sites open. Set up, rounded up some campfire wood, night slid in, campfire going,then massive power failure through campgrounds. Was stone dead quiet! Yes!
    Then like little fireflys, a generator started, another, another, another, it sounded like Mittal Steel running. RVs were so loud, my buddy looks over... we broke camp and booked.
    I'm considering some far away, distant, no crowds place, but since C-19 has made its arrival, everyone is camping and sure record sales of gear has skyrocketed! Good luck to all.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Wife and I took the kids up to Michigan the end of July. Ludington State Park was awesome for families and had a bunch of stuff to do. You can't beat the average temp of 72 degrees in August either when your melting anywhere else.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Heading down to Crawford county Friday for a couple of nights tent camping.
    Gonna bring a few extra layers based on what the forecast is showing.
    At least no fire ban there yet. :rockwoot:

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Heading to Falls City Falls TN this weekend with the family. Guess I should bring some warm clothes and extra firewood.... its getting cold out

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I’ve been camping in various iterations for the last forty years, and I love it. As a little kid, it started off with a canvas tent with the family. As the family upgraded from tent to truck bed camper, to RV, I followed along, as well as gaining experience on both primitive and cabin camping in Boy Scouts.

Now I prefer a hammock and tarp shelter, as my last trips have been backpacking trails in Colorado. My annual trip this year was canceled due to the ‘Rona, so my buddies and I are going to Red River Gorge in a couple of weeks. When it comes to favorite spots, my favorite overall is Ptarmigan Lake trail in Buena Vista, Colorado. My Indiana favorite is the Peninsula Trail in the Deam Wilderness.

Sounds like we might need an INGO camp out!

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I’ve been camping in various iterations for the last forty years, and I love it. As a little kid, it started off with a canvas tent with the family. As the family upgraded from tent to truck bed camper, to RV, I followed along, as well as gaining experience on both primitive and cabin camping in Boy Scouts.

Now I prefer a hammock and tarp shelter, as my last trips have been backpacking trails in Colorado. My annual trip this year was canceled due to the ‘Rona, so my buddies and I are going to Red River Gorge in a couple of weeks. When it comes to favorite spots, my favorite overall is Ptarmigan Lake trail in Buena Vista, Colorado. My Indiana favorite is the Peninsula Trail in the Deam Wilderness.

Sounds like we might need an INGO camp out!

I am interested if we are backpacking.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Love camping! Primitive, tent camping for me. I try to go off season, as I enjoy the privacy. I love winter camping, just make sure you have good equipment!

Here is a self shot of me camping at Spring Mill state park, I think I might have been the only person in the whole park!

tent.jpg

My nephew and I have camped out west a couple of times in the past. Pretty amazing out there, lots of open space.

Here is my camp somewhere in Utah.

tent_u.jpg

And while in the west you get to see things like this. That is my nephew standing on the edge of Horseshoe Bend with the Colorado river 1,000 ft below.

HSB_2.jpg

Ron
    Great photos Ron!

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I still have the tent ready to go. Set the tent up, add a canopy at the door. Cover the tent with a swimming pool bubble wrap cover then a tarp over everything. The bubble wrap helps hold in heat or cool when a heater or air conditioner is needed. The tarp helps keep other camper's lights out if they are close in a campground. I have a 26 foot travel trailer now. Last year we did 14 trips, this year only 2 due to wife's health and the rona. I love an area that I can kayak and crappie fish.
    Checking the online reservation at one of TN campgrounds. All firewood must have a Heat Treated seal, can't use downed trees from the woods or bring your own.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Now that deer season is winding down, it is time to start thinking about camping again. I lost my spot though, so I will have to figure out what public areas allow camping off season.
    63dc199d56b4c2a467e975e3b7e83230.jpg
    ac09125e34151f2348cf235f2290b6a6.jpg
    b4978ba118f590d016b10174d4090dbd.jpg

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    thats a cool setup. how much does that little stove help in your shelter? ive been in large canvas walled tents with fuel burners that helped some
    It works insanely well. Its not hard to get the interior temp (2' off the floor, cooler near the ground) up to 80F in 20F temps. A bit heavy compared to the UL crowd favorites, but built like a tank. Good burn times with the double damper setup.
    738fc068d9722a971e95bda938d141f2.jpg
    744f50beb9db5d2c8a3f89ab9ef7a326.jpg

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    That would be the nuts for my little cabin. I've got a place in northwest Michigan that's been in the family just over a hundred years. My 40 acres of heaven.

Top Bottom