• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    here's some more pictures of the M998 just got them a few seconds ago.

New front end
    picture.php

Gauge cluster
    picture.php

Brakes
    picture.php

And I'm assuming this is the steering box as that looks to be a pitman arm attached to it.
    picture.php

I also ordered a current issue "swiss cheese" mount and it'll be on its way to him for the missing turret parts. It's the part shown here at the very top with all the holes. A pintle riser mounts to that, then a gun cradle, then the gun.

Hummer-Humvee_Military_Vehicle_2003_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Looking good! I call shotgun, ......or should I say Kriss, or HK? I want a ride and I have better stuff than AK's.:laugh::patriot::laugh:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Looking goodI want a ride and I have better stuff than AK's.:laugh::patriot::laugh:

You bastard! For that you can ride under the passenger front tire...unless i can shoot your HK or Vector...in that case you can cling tenaciously to the bumper or something.

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    That's my work excuse... sorry "Boss" I was looking for trucks on my lunch hour :)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    NEW Update:

I was able to find the a weapons tray to complete the turret, so it is off being blasted and painted. I still need a pintle riser and an m23 mount for a 50cal, but those are more common so it shouldn't be an issue. My guy called me and said that he has reached a stopping point on the M998 as he needs to paint the thing and to do that the temperature has to be at least 50 so he can heat his garage to at least 75 for the paint to stick and cure properly. He also needs to pressure wash the thing a few more times as it's caked with crap. After that he can shove the 6.5, transmission, and transfer case into place. Until the temperature rises we are stagnating.

I also sent him this:

is-24-l1.jpg

Its a solar batter tender to combat the parasitic loss from not driving the thing. It was $150.00, but i'm sure .gov paid 2million each originally. The nice thing about these other than charging the batteries, is that you get a fuse block with terminals that break down to multiple 12v and 24v receptacles. That way i can run some standard 12v things like a phone charger or an iPad etc etc.

Here is another one at a good price. I'm hoping someone here nuts up and buys one of these too so i have a support group when my stuff breaks down.

WI 1985 M998 Marine Humvee $25,000

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    No, this is made up from a night of drinking unicorn tears, and eating deep fried leprechaun nuggets.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I like how clay corrected his post and now you look like a non spelling ass. Haha.

Originally he said something about going nuggets deep in his leprechaun friend or something before the correction.

Yes the thread is both real and awesome.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You bastard! For that you can ride under the passenger front tire...unless i can shoot your HK or Vector...in that case you can cling tenaciously to the bumper or something.

And I'm the only one who has been offered a ride! Take that losers!
    I call bumper!!! :rockwoot:

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Long story short, i was looking ex military hummers for sale and found one that i planned on buying but i didn't find it until 10pm. I waited until i woke up this morning to put a deposit down to hold the vehicle, but the thing was sold by the time i got up. The vehicle was perfect. It was a frame off resto with an engine rebuild in 08. It was painted tan, had the high back seats and the LED headlights...etc etc :(

I'm currently looking for another hmmwv m998 H1 to call my own and i can pay cash. The issue i have is that i just cant seem to find any for sale anywhere. I've seen ultra restored ones going for $100,000 and thats out of my price range. Does anyone know any good sites that may have some for sale at decent prices? Really any DRMO stuff would be great.

When i call car places and say, "i would like a hummer" they just hang up on me. I have money...give me a hummer.

Wow... the avatar is scary enough.... but when you start asking for a hummer.....

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Ohhh baby... there is some cool stuff on here. I NEED some of this. I don't know where I'd put it - but that compressor is nice.

great link, thanks Havokcycle.

i don't understand how it quite works just yet. doesn't seem logical gov would give away 25k watt gennies for $150.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    back on topic... i found this last night. no hummers as of now but lots of duece and a halves..amongst other cool stuff.

Government Surplus Auctions at Government Liquidation

Ohhh baby... there is some cool stuff on here. I NEED some of this. I don't know where I'd put it - but that compressor is nice.

great link, thanks Havokcycle.

i don't understand how it quite works just yet. doesn't seem logical gov would give away 25k watt gennies for $150.

GovLiquidation is a great place to peruse. If you get the chance, look at the price of things for the bidder vs the price .gov paid originally. They had a lot of new shop lights for $300.00 that cost the government 200,000.00. As far as hmmwvs go as i said, .Gov is forced to run them through a giant chipper/shredder then sell the scrap. It's total lame sauce. The Bobbed deuces are some of the coolest modded trucks ever. When you see that you can buy one for $2,000 or less it's hard NOT to go get one.

Before

446209d1243880064-1971-am-general-m35a2-2-5-ton-deuce-6x6-n-ca-7304_1.jpg

AFTER!!!

$(KGrHqZ,!p!E8VkrBh00BPI9K4Es2g~~60_3.JPG

crawl-o-matic-49368-albums2418-29888.jpg

144gsz.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

019.jpg

One guy made a camper out of an old radio truck.

I've been looking at m1101 and m1102 trailers for my hmmwv just to be able to pimp thoroughly but it appears i'll have to go to California to get one as they never sell them at Crane Naval.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Here's the update for this week. I found some Sincgars antenna tuners locally and got a steal of a deal. I purchased 10 as the deal was stellar, but only needed 2. One will be for the hardtop recessed mount and one for the rear near the taillight mount.
    mast1.jpg

As i said earlier in order to paint this thing correctly the temperature outside has to be 50 so that he can heat his garage to 75-80 to get the paint to stick and cure. He was able to do a little but the cold is making it difficult.

picture.php

Here we have my new exhaust. In the white .gov case is my new transfer case and next to that is the transmission.

picture.php

Here is what it looks like from behind with the ammo can holders removed obviously this is prior to any bodywork or paint.

picture.php

Here you can see the color it'll be once completed in the lower right corner...I am aware it looks like a garage sale threw up in my humvee.

picture.php

closer still. This time from the front. I dig this picture as you can kinda see the turret.

picture.php

Here is probably the best picture and more the "bob ross" painting effect. If you look at the transformation you can see it's really picking up speed...remember here is where we started.
    picture.php

Top Bottom