• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Regardless of rank, experience, training, age, IQ, education, health, ego, disabilities or huge balls.

The camera guy that placed himself downrange during live fire is a Dumb Ass.
    Fool.gif

Simply put, you do NOT unnecessarily put anyone in a potentially dangerous and unsafe position. What can any student possibly gain from witnessing this?
    Promoting and backing up this kind of behavior is not only childish, but just plain irresponsible.

This just proves that common sense is a gene that some don't get.

As for the actual topic of this thread -
    If you take training from these guys and benefit from it, good for you. Just know that there are real trainers out there to choose from that actually DO have years of combat experience, sensible ethics and hair. :n00b:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Promoting and backing up this kind of behavior is not only childish, but just plain irresponsible.

Then I am childish and irresponsible, thank you! Now I know why my wife yells at me so much. Dead Duck, your dead wrong. If you would like to convince us of your position then please back it up with some facts. All I see is your opinion here, nothing more.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    My less than :twocents: worth:

While I would (and sometimes did) put myself in a similar position with my team/squad/plt/co (2/508 and 3/504 PIR, Ft Bragg), I wouldn't do it for a photo op. And I wouldn't do with anyone I hadn't had significant training time with, especially without the expectation that a similar scenario might occur with the same group of people I'm training with.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I just did it two weeks ago. I was acting as an injured shooter down range while my two sons came around the corner engaging targets with their AR's. My youngest does need some work on how to proper apply an H bandage, but I was completely safe. It's a price we pay for good training. Heck, I have been on a square range and witnessed to shootings, one person shot them selves in the ass while drawing and another received a hit to the head by a ricochet. It happens no matter what your perceived level of safety is.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I feel relieved to know you all have hashed this out on the internet. Now that I don't have to worry about it, I can get back to the range and work out my own training issues. :-)

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I would much rather be down range taking pictures of people that are serious about what they are doing than driving to work next to idiots texting and other crap while they are driving.

I know lots of people I would trust being down range of.
    Keyword, know.
    I still want to know if anyone has taken a class and wanted their money back, that was the question, wasn't it?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I just did it two weeks ago. I was acting as an injured shooter down range while my two sons came around the corner engaging targets with their AR's. My youngest does need some work on how to proper apply an H bandage, but I was completely safe. It's a price we pay for good training. Heck, I have been on a square range and witnessed to shootings, one person shot them selves in the ass while drawing and another received a hit to the head by a ricochet. It happens no matter what your perceived level of safety is.

this is a scenario where I would go downrange with mine. Well, at least one of them; the other has no interest in firearms and, therefore, not enough experience to tip the cost/benefit equation in that direction.

cheap_seats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've trained with Tactical Response. I feel as though I received more than what I paid for and would unreservedly recommend the instructors I have had: Jay Gibson, Aaron Little, and the now deceased Paul Gomez. I've never been instructed by James Yeager, but I have met him and interacted with him. The original post asked who had been to a Tactical Response class and NOT liked it. I would not count myself as one.

Top Bottom