• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I do love Christmas time, and all of the anticipation of getting new toys for my hobbies.

Unfortunately, I have champagne wishes, and keystone money when it comes to my hobbies.

Between the car, motorcycles, guns, golf, hiking, camping, hunting, etc etc etc... The christmas money doesn't go very far... sigh...

I just keeping plugging along, slowly but surely. My goal this year is to get the project car to the point that it will roll on its own wheels. :rockwoot: This year is going to be control arms, spindles, and brakes.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not only do I have too many, but they are too expensive! Guns, Jeeps, traveling, etc.... I don't have the cash or the time to do it all. Doesn't "help" that I'd rather hang out with my little girl than work in the garage or (shudder) go to the range.

I'm supposed to have new axles under the CJ by the middle of February. Guess I should start ordering parts, huh?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I too have expensive tastes and a meager budget.

My hobbies used to be caving, shooting, motorcycles, camping, skydiving. I've narrowed it down to just firearms and the motorcycles (and now running, but that doesn't cost much). I do SCUBA for work, but I don't have to pay for the equipment.

I do find myself buying motorcycles only to sell them to buy guns later and vise versa.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not to mention the time spent on INGO.
    I guess that's a hobbie as well, where you can talk about your other hobbies and complain that INGO doesn't give you enough time for the rest of your hobbies.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I too have champagne taste with a beer budget.

Buying things for my truck, guns, golfing, canoeing, hiking, camping, hunting, guitar, paintball, video games, and music can get quite expensive......that's why I'm here so often. INGO is cheaper than all of them.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I raced offroad nitro RC cars on a national level, having run in CA, TX, all over the Midwest and in the South. I got way out of hand with it and throttled back. I also run in the old man's classes in MX. MX is by far cheaper for me than RC but it's like a big gaping hole you just keep throwing money in too. Then there's guns and archery, archery became a lesser expensive hobby for me when I switched to traditional style shooting and hunting with a longbow since my dad started making them. Kids came along and moving (not having any local hunting grounds) has cooled that a bit too. I also brew my own beer. Too many people think you save money doing this, LOL, not even close. My little guy is coming along and will be riding with me next year, so there's two in the pocket for MX. It's all good

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Like a lot of the rest of you, not too many, just expensive ones! Guns, Racing, Street Machine, Boat, Camper, Women:laugh:. Plus the GF wants to add 500sf to the house, and big covered deck, another barn. . . . . .:spend::spend::spend::spend:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I still jog alot. Slower that I use to be. I do collect Autographs. Presidents, sports, astronauts, Nascar, military. One of my prize pieces is a Packer helmet signed by 13 players of Super Bowl 1. Also I have never sold a single piece. I have given a lot to charity but never sold any.

Don Mattingly has a big event each February that he brings in sports figures to make money for children sports. I have given several signed pictures, and signed cards, basketballs for auctions. The least I can do for some children.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a lot of time, but I already have enough stacked up I want to do I'll have to live to 200, and it just keeps getting worse. Maybe I need to make a hobby of trimming things down.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Most definately too many, all are way too expensive, and I never have enought time to do them all. Guns, reloading, project car, camping, fishing. If I spend too much time or money on the hobbies, the other half gets crappy. So I've started sharing my hobbies with my daughter, which seems to be a win/win.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Glad I haven't taken my hobbies to cars and the like, from what I've seen that can be a huge huge money sink.

As of currently it stands: Cycling, Amateur Radio, Firearms, Knives and Computers.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I feel ya. I'm a college student with way to many hobbies! For me it's real guns, airsoft guns, paintball, car audio, and gaming. I don't know how I have money to eat sometimes. ;)

Top Bottom