• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    my first taurus was a tcp 380 and it was great for about a week then it started jamming on the first round that is put in the chamber i tryed multiple bullets and every one did it so i dont know what was wrong with it but i hate taurus and thats why i didnt feel like it was a safe and reliable gun

What do you mean by 'jamming'? There are several varieties of jamming. Would you please describe exactly what happens?

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Have a PT1911, runs anything I put through it flawlessly including HP, scary accurate. A 44 mag have taken several deer with it, 100 yard gun easy. Very accurate. 357 mag....same thing. Love them all, would not hesitate with any. They all go boom never any issues.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    My 738 acted more or less the same way. I sent it back on their dime and they FIXED it. It is now my EDC. I offered to help and got blown off. The Heck with it.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I think your doing yourself a disservice if you don't return the gun to Taurus and let them try to remedy the problem before you decide you hate them. I don't care who the manufacturer is Colt, Kimber, S&W, Glock they have all produced a gun or two with some kind of problem. Taurus has a lifetime warranty and they should get the chance to make things right with you. To just say F**k it and I hate them isn't the way to go. Send it back and when you get it back if there is still a problem then bash all you want and you have a good reason to, but when you get it back and its fixed and functions properly maybe you will have a different outlook on things. good luck either way

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I had a pt845 an it was a great gun for me. I sold it to my buddy to upgrade though and he broke the mag release somehow so it unmatched but doesn't eject. However for an entry level firearm certain models are good

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have 2 at this time and both have been reliable. 24/7 tactical in .45 ACP that runs like a machine and a Taurus Tracker in .17 HMR that i have killed 1 coyote with and a buddy has it this weekend on his property doing the same thing with it. Killing Coyote.
    Never had a bit of trouble from either of them.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My first Taurus was a model 65 .357mag. Great revolver. Second Taurus, a model 605 .357mag. Love it. My 3rd Taurus the TCP. Carry it all the time. Never had a malfunction. I plan on keeping all 3.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    To just say F**k it and I hate them isn't the way to go.
    I knew a guy that did just that. He bought a PT-1911. Then he ****ed it up. He broke the firing pin safety plunger and then the slide lock trying to take it apart. He also lost the recoil spring plug. Not to mention the take down gouges he put in the frame.

Then he declared it was a piece if crap. He sold it to me for $250. I paid about $40 for the replacement parts. Works for me. :D

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Joining this thread a little late.
    Its not that I think their junk or not that I hate them, but I know IF I ever bought one I'd get it home and wish I hadn't. I'm sure their a fine weapon. Just not for me.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I don't hate Taurus - a better phrase might be I'm suspicious of Taurus.
    There are a lot of INGOers that carry them and they serve them well. But, Taurus does have more than their fair share of negative pub about them - enough to make me take serious pause before I'd buy one.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    can not believe i got this many posts lol i dont care what any one has to say i had bad times with that gun and never get a taurus again

The biggest piece of junk I ever owned was a Ruger, If I applied your logic to every "bad" gun experience I've ever had, I would be missing out on some of the best guns I've ever owned. don't allow 1 bad experience spoil your opinion of the entire company.

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    Taurus hater, not for any legitimate reason other than I purchased a 24-7 that I really disliked. Representative bias at its' finest, I will never consider a Taurus again.

Top Bottom