Who else is frustrated with Palmetto State Armory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been in the store in Palmetto. It is a very cool place. I have family in near by Irmo and my cousin shops there often. He knows the staff and I got a tour. Nice place.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    right now you can get a shield for 339...i have almost purchased that and still may but i would like to get a little quicker...plus that fact i am in florida now and i dont know who to go with for an ffl down here yet

You can get a shield from Whittaker gun's for $350.99, only $11.00 more. I don't know on how fast they ship due to that they are only about a 30 min drive for me, and a local FFL who goes down there every week to pick up our guns for the Evansville folks.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    but...i would really like to know if the bolt assemblies are out of stock or its a website glitch..because i need 3 of these for three bolt carriers i have...but...i dont want to call twenty times to find out to get to a real person...so its a catch 22 ..and the underlying source of my frustration....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have had good luck with them to date. I did receive a Magpul stock the other day just wrapped in bubble wrap. No box, no instructions, no attachment screw. I called them to see if they would send me the screw or tell me what size it is but they insisted I send it back and they would send me a proper one.

I will report back how it all goes.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    this will be worked out but it will not be worked out soon....LOL
    I have had good luck with them to date. I did receive a Magpul stock the other day just wrapped in bubble wrap. No box, no instructions, no attachment screw. I called them to see if they would send me the screw or tell me what size it is but they insisted I send it back and they would send me a proper one.

I will report back how it all goes.

TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    A friend of mine bought one of their complete lowers and when it came the bolt stop latch was frozen in place and non-functional. The pin refused to be pushed out all the way either, and PSA danced around making it right just long enough for my friend to figure it was easier to keep it as a paper weight than deal with their customer service.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    this is what credit card disputes are for...
    A friend of mine bought one of their complete lowers and when it came the bolt stop latch was frozen in place and non-functional. The pin refused to be pushed out all the way either, and PSA danced around making it right just long enough for my friend to figure it was easier to keep it as a paper weight than deal with their customer service.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    double post sorry!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've never used them.
    I would rather deal with people that ship promptly in a predictable manner.

To then hear of these other flaky things just makes it more unlikely yet I'll ever deal with them.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    for the most part they are reliable....three week shipping time and better prices...but most people dont have patience or tolerance for their slow shipping and occasional shenanigans....
    I've never used them.
    I would rather deal with people that ship promptly in a predictable manner.

To then hear of these other flaky things just makes it more unlikely yet I'll ever deal with them.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I bought from them quite a bit in the past. Until they deleted my customer information and could not give me a history of purchases for something I was looking for. The last straw for me was when they got hostile and threatened posters on ARFCOM with legal action when we were discussing BCGs and recent quality. After that I wrote them an email and told them I would never be dealing with them again and why. Not one thin dime since then, April 2013.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I bought from them quite a bit in the past. Until they deleted my customer information and could not give me a history of purchases for something I was looking for. The last straw for me was when they got hostile and threatened posters on ARFCOM with legal action when we were discussing BCGs and recent quality. After that I wrote them an email and told them I would never be dealing with them again and why. Not one thin dime since then, April 2013.

They got hostile with me as well... Never spent a dime with them after that, and never will. There are just too many other good gun supply company's out there than to have to deal with the ass holes.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    They got hostile with me as well... Never spent a dime with them after that, and never will. There are just too many other good gun supply company's out there than to have to deal with the ass holes.

Yep, Customer service matters, at least to me it does. Since then I've bought over a dozen pistols, all of which they sell and were slightly cheaper than what I paid. Also 3 BCM rifles that could have easily been PSA rifles instead. Tons of ammo, mags, components and accessories.

Had they not eliminated my purchase history, gotten nasty online & threatened legal action for a simple discussion, then most of those purchases would have probably been made through them. I've sold off every PSA branded item I own.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    so you were saying that palmetto bcg's were not that great and they threatened you with a libel suit or what????

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    is that the underlying reason purchase histories were deleted...i dont follow...
    Yep, Customer service matters, at least to me it does. Since then I've bought over a dozen pistols, all of which they sell and were slightly cheaper than what I paid. Also 3 BCM rifles that could have easily been PSA rifles instead. Tons of ammo, mags, components and accessories.

Had they not eliminated my purchase history, gotten nasty online & threatened legal action for a simple discussion, then most of those purchases would have probably been made through them. I've sold off every PSA branded item I own.

Top Bottom