Who else is frustrated with Palmetto State Armory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    so you were saying that palmetto bcg's were not that great and they threatened you with a libel suit or what????

is that the underlying reason purchase histories were deleted...i dont follow...

The entire thread is here. Received the PSA BCG Pictures included - Page 1 - AR15.COM

I'm not the OP but I did briefly post in that thread. (Page 4 by ekengle for those interested) I did have a vested interest in the discussion though. At the time I owned a PSA rifle that I built with all PSA parts. It was a couple years before this thread and the BCG I owned at that time was NOT like the one the OP had received. I had most of a third PSA rifle built and was going to order a new BCG when they came back in stock. This was during the "panic" a couple years ago when no one could get anything. I wanted information about the new BCGs just like the OP. I was following this discussion closely.

To make a long story short, discussion ensued, people said other people were wrong, opinions were exchanged, a mod got real nasty with a member for no reason. PSA eventually commented with this " To suggest to "know" otherwise based on observation is either an exercise in ignorance, or outright slander. As we have provided this information, future speculation will be treated as slander and referred to appropriate channels." They promptly had the mods shut down, lock and archive the thread leaving those who were still looking for an answer SOL.

To me and many others this sounded like a direct threat of legal action. When I tried to talk with them on the phone about the BCGs in question they got very defensive, rude, then flat out :poop:y. Since then I've sold every PSA branded item I owned and wouldn't take one if you paid me to.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    for the most part they are reliable....three week shipping time and better prices...but most people dont have patience or tolerance for their slow shipping and occasional shenanigans....

And that's fine for those who have the patience to deal this way.

I'd rather pay more for convenience.
    I tend to use BCM and LaRue (for handguards) for my builds as they ship promptly and are of high quality.

jram47586

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    S. Indiana
    I ordered a lower parts build kit from them and received two of the triggers but was missing a lot of the other small parts. After one email and phone call they said that they would send the parts that were missing. It took almost a month to get the parts. I ended up going to Red Barn Armory to get the LPK that I needed to complete my first build and couldn't be happier.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I know hey've recently changed the web page. Logged in and my last 12+ orders are still there. It'll be easier for me to continue getting my orders so go ahead... stay away. :banana:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just placed my first order with PSA about a 5 days ago and was wondering why there had been no shipping notification yet. We'll see how the order goes and whether I'll send more business there way in the future. I'm not a fan of doing an immediate charge to the CC, but then delaying shipment for a couple of weeks. If the item is in stock, it should ship within 72 hours of the order confirmation. Right now, I'm hopeful it will go well. I'll try to be an optimist for another week or two, but anything longer than that might get the order cancelled.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I just placed my first order with PSA about a 5 days ago and was wondering why there had been no shipping notification yet. We'll see how the order goes and whether I'll send more business there way in the future. I'm not a fan of doing an immediate charge to the CC, but then delaying shipment for a couple of weeks. If the item is in stock, it should ship within 72 hours of the order confirmation. Right now, I'm hopeful it will go well. I'll try to be an optimist for another week or two, but anything longer than that might get the order cancelled.

They charged me and didn't ship for 10 days so I called and cancelled. They could have cared less that they lost business.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    I ordered from them and didn't have any problems except they send an item incorrectly. It took a while for customer service to get back to me to resolve the issue. Sent the item back and now waiting for the correct item, been about a week. It seems to be hit of miss with them. I'm not sure I would do anymore business with them, they seem to be under-staffed.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    They are moving to a new system which is why some user profiles are being deleted. This was displayed prominently on the login page for several weeks.

ETA: In fact, that notice is still on the login page:

We are in the process of upgrading all of our backend systems. Unfortunately, if you have not ordered since April 2nd, 2014 you will need to create a new account.
    If you experience any issues with our new site, please let us know at webmaster@palmettostatearmory.com.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    They are moving to a new system which is why some user profiles are being deleted. This was displayed prominently on the login page for several weeks.

ETA: In fact, that notice is still on the login page:

[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

This is at least the second time they have moved to a new system. That is the excuse they gave me 3 years ago when they lost all my orders and information. Not a new thing with them.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Understand what PSA is good deals longer wait times. If you can't wait don't order if you aren't in a hurry buy away and get some great deals. I don't order things i need now i order stuff on sale i see and really don't care if it takes a month to get shipped.

A bunch of you guys know this and just keep walking into the wall like its gonna change into a door.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I ordered a rifle from them about a month ago. It hit my FFL two weeks to the day of order. Saturday I ordered a VZ from them and it shipped today. That was very surprising.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have not had a problem with them, and I know others on other gun web sites that use them often too. I ordered from them and had no problems. I am amazed a person can build an AR for a few hundred dollars vs what they cost new. I know the market changes with the political situation, but an AR15 build under $500 new is a good deal. Since they are offering such great deals, they probably have a huge volume of orders to fill. Take comfort in the fact that if they are filling a large volume of sales, then our streets, homes, and country is getting safer by the day.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Still no shipping notice on the optic ordered back on the 19th. Not concerned yet. Sounds like they will eventually get around to shipping. The rifle has had no optic for about 3 months mow, so another couple of weeks is not going to hurt. It's not a great way to do business in today's world, but as long as it makes it here by mid-March, I won't complain too much. It was sold at a good price.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have had good luck with them to date. I did receive a Magpul stock the other day just wrapped in bubble wrap. No box, no instructions, no attachment screw. I called them to see if they would send me the screw or tell me what size it is but they insisted I send it back and they would send me a proper one.

I will report back how it all goes.

Might be the first time I ever quoted myself.:) Well, they received my return last Friday and I got my replacement today. I can't complain about that kind of customer service. Sure they should have sent it correctly the first time(not sure what they were thinking) but they made it good. They paid the return shipping and I paid $49.50 for the stock.

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, a bunch of times, and never had a problem. They're kind of hard to get ahold of for pre-sale questions and stuff, via email, but such is life.

I ordered all the stuff for my 6.8 rifle, minus a stripped lower that I already had from them, and it all shipped the next day (this was about a month ago), and was at my house within the week.

Mike

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    its hard to read this after you fall on the floor....i have never had good shipping times ---sometimes within their estimate and sometimes not....I do not have any problem to report with any of their products ever....
    I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, a bunch of times, and never had a problem. They're kind of hard to get ahold of for pre-sale questions and stuff, via email, but such is life.

I ordered all the stuff for my 6.8 rifle, minus a stripped lower that I already had from them, and it all shipped the next day (this was about a month ago), and was at my house within the week.

Mike

Top Bottom