• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    It might not be much these days, old but reliable single action pistol. I have two, one built in Argentina, and the other Belgium. Of course, the Belgium one is better built than the FN one. It's one of my favorite guns to shoot.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Dad loved his Hi Power. I've got it now but I've yet to shoot it. It does feel great in my hand like my beloved 1911s.
    What's not to like about it?

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with it. Great design and feel good in my hand too. And it is also very accurate.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    My hi-power is my favorite pistol...want one in .40 but those are not easy to come by.
    Feels like it was made for my hand...the controls are all in the right place.

Also the Argentine FM contract hi-powers are true hi-powers and accept the same parts as the Brownings...and those can be had (when theyre in stock) for about $300...military surplus.

And as for the rare part...the hi-power and variants has been one of, if not THE most issued sidearm world wide for police and military...just not here in the U.S...where we live and breath the 1911.

God bless
    -Shred

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Got one with lil birdies on it that grandpa brought back. The kind previous owner also autographed the inside of the holster with some weird looking German name.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It might not be much these days, old but reliable single action pistol. I have two, one built in Argentina, and the other Belgium. Of course, the Belgium one is better built than the FN one. It's one of my favorite guns to shoot.
    I have a BROWNING HP, think it's a great gun:rockwoot:all they need is a trigger job:twocents:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Hi-Powers are excellent and with a little updating can compete with any of the modern autos. Here are two that I customized, both are built similarly but one has novak sights and one has heinie sights:
    IMG_0586.jpg

130.jpg

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Seen one at the gun show yesterday in Kokomo for 695.00. Made in Belgium for the Buenos Aries PD. Way out of my league if it was good deal or not, but grips looked weird and not factory.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I love my BHP...except for the sights. It is a great shooter and one of the few guns it would be very hard for me to part with.

Top Bottom