• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Greetings good INGO people! Anyone seen any side folding 10-22s lately? Interested to know if anyone locally has a nice one at a reasonable price. Did they all get bought up in the madness given that they are hi cap? :dunno:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It's funny marlin 60s hold more rounds, cheaper and not part of any wanna be band and no one wants them

I'll take the Ruger over the Marlin any day -guess others feel the same ;)

BTW, if you have an older Model 60 you might want to look into getting a replacement buffer to keep on hand. Over time they dry and crack.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Blythe's has a pink one I believe is a takedown for something like $379. If you find a 10/22 you can think about picking it up. A sidefolder stock is probably available.

I had my heart set on a 10/22 takedown. I already have several semi auto 22's. Did some research and realized what I really wanted was great accuracy. If you do some research you will find the CZ-452 line is called "CZ/Anschutz" because of their accuracy but they don't have the "cool" factor with all the accessories available. I believe I seen where the military trainer model does quite well at the CMP open site class.

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I've also had my heart set on the takedown ever since they came out. Luckily I picked up the regular one for my daughter on black Friday weekend for $180. It was the 10th one out of 10 that store had. So that makes two of them in the family....but man I want that takedown.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

BTW, if you have an older Model 60 you might want to look into getting a replacement buffer to keep on hand. Over time they dry and crack.

I would agree. The Marlin might be a good shooter but I'll bet you will find more parts and accessories for the 10-22.

Ll

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I would agree. The Marlin might be a good shooter but I'll bet you will find more parts and accessories for the 10-22.

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I've been looking for a standard Ruger 10/22 with the all-wood stock for weeks now. Nobody has them.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    when last i was in 1776 sporting club in Huntington (Monday) there were two 10/22s on the rack. one was standard except for having a green (neon, not forest) laminate stock, and the other was a take-down. since i am not in the market for another 10/22 i didn't look at the prices, but this store is usually pretty reasonable on prices and hasn't jacked them up in the last 2 months like some others in the area.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Indy Tactical Supply in Mooresville had a blue 10/22 in a Butler Creek folding stock and a four rail forend when I was in there a couple days ago. It is probably gone by now, but it may be worth a call.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    Whan's in LaOtto which is just north of Fort Wayne had a few this weekend when I was in there. I didn't ask any questions about them though because I want to get a Marlin!!

Top Bottom