• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curtissp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I don't have one but been thinking about getting one for my next gun purchase. Reviews seem to be fairly positive. Looking forward to your thoughts when you get it.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Very concealable and carry able. Quite snappy though. For me it's not a tack driver lol but you can smoke a pie plate from 15 yards. Mine as issues feeding a full mag. Have to hard snap it in. Other than that. Good gun. Nice sights. Awesome summer or pocket gun.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    A close friend of mine has one. His is pretty picky on ammo, especially cheap range stuff. Hornady CD works great in it. It's def not the most accurate thing but if your looking for something small with a great warranty its good to go.

Another close friend of mine has the .38 version. He had some problems with the laser on it. We took it apart and cleaned it, works great now. Looked as if some dirt or dust got between the contact plate and the frame. I'm guessing its used to ground the battery.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've been looking more at the .38 but just recently thought a bit about a .380. I like the Sig p238 more than the Bodyguard. The Sig felt much better in my hand and the trigger felt better.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Bodyguard 380 is a good gun. The trigger does take a little bit of getting used to. I dont think the recoil is bad. Laser and sights are dead on. just put some paint on the front so it will stand out a little better than black on black. I would suggest the gun.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    My wife has one. Really concealable and comfortable to carry. She's got a good pocket holster (does Galco Nemesis sound right?) and I've been known to borrow it for quick trips to the store when I don't want to bother with my full size piece. Not a fan of the laser, though. I can barely actuate it in practice so I have no illusions about its usefulness under stress.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Congrats on your new purchase. I purchased mine about a year ago and am quite pleased. Out of the box the safety was a bear to operate. After reading posts here, I bought some snap caps and worked the safety, presentation and trigger control about a zillion times. Everything worked in fine and operated freely after 500 or so repetitions. Some have had issues with the laser button but mine was fine from the get go. There's plenty of info here on that.

My daughter and wife love to shoot the BG. Neither find the recoil too much even with SD loads. During the daughters first few shots she did have a few issues with the cartridges chambering. After she learned grip and control of the pistol all issues went away never to return. I'm not much for the laser but the girls love it and it drives the wife's little rat dog nuts!

I did have ftf issues with some reloads purchased at the Crown Point show. None of them would fire. Never any issues with factory ammo. So far it's ate everything from cheap to good stuff. I carry it with Gold Dots.

I bought the gun for summer carry and as a bug. As Bubba mentioned, the Nemesis holster works well. The little gun disappears in every garment even swim suit shorts. I carry it when boating all summer and quite often when bow hunting this past fall. Don't even know it there when dressed for hunting. Finish has held up well.

Accuracy is as expected or a little better from a gun of that size. MJ

HinesFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the tips. I will look into the safety operation when it gets here and also check out the galco holdster. I think I will be looking for a iwb holster due to my small frame. I am only 5'6" and 130lbs

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Yeah, what Bubba said above. I like it. It works really well in those times when my larger carry piece just won't do. I've also been known to carry it in my purse on rare occasions, and the grippiness (not a word, but I think you know what I mean) of the holster keeps it in place well enough. I also hate the laser. I almost didn't buy it because of the laser, but I've gotten over it. I don't anticipate any situation in which I'd have the time, patience, and manual dexterity to turn it on before needing to take that necessary shot.

My dad also has one and uses the same holster. He's tall but quite a bit thinner than I and pulls off a pocket carry no problem.

As far as accuracy, no, it's not a accurate as perhaps something larger, but it does what it needs to. I did find some major differences in POI among ammo brands, though, so check that out before carrying.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    We sent one back to S&W and they fixed that awful trigger.Christmas day it outshot two revolvers and a Kimber,all small CC weapons. (shooting rested)

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I love it. Nice and concealable but the trigger pull is very long. But overall great gun I have never had any issues with it feeding bad

HinesFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In my search in the indy area prices varied $325 wanamaker, $330 plainfield, $350 popguns, $359 beechgrove, and $499 at dons...but no one had them in stock now ad said it is very random when they get them in. I ended up buying mine on gunbroker. Should be here in the next few days!

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Decent gun... carry when my G26 won't allow. Had some problems with the laser initially. After about 100 rounds it just stopped working. S&W sent a replacement. You want to be careful with the screw that holds the laser into the frame. It is easily stripped. Reviews of ammo made me decide to use Gold Dots for my 380 caliber and my last two rounds are Winchester White Box FMJ. One problem with 380 ammo is that sometime it fails to penetrate deep enough to be completely effective (usually depends on clothing). The FMJ will penetrate deeper if needed. The safety can be hard to disengage to a new BG owner. The safety works smoothly if you rest your thumb along the side of the slide above the safety and move it straight down. If you tend to push the safety in when attempting to disengage it, it can be difficult to do... father had this problem. At 7 yards the gun is plenty accurate once you get comfortable with the trigger pull, which is long and stiffer than I prefer. The gun is thin and easily concealed. When I was reviewing pocket guns it was between this and the LCP and decided to go with this due to it being double action, which is important for me in a self defense gun. The laser is a nice touch also. The sights could be better, but white paint helps and after market sights are available. Bought mine new about a year ago for $325 + $15 transfer fee at Whittaker Guns - http://www.whittakerguns.com/. Great shop if your in the area. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom