• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I'm not sure what you mean by regularly shoot. It isn't my carry weapon, but it is my favorite plinker and goes to the range with me most of the time. It was given to me by my Dad. It's serial number says it is from the early 60's. I have 3 mags that I use.

Last edited:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I'm not sure what you mean by regularly shoot

That you could make good use of this;

DSCN3442w.jpg

Congrats! You just won it.

I was going through some boxes the other day, and found this. It was given to me by a coworker about 10 years ago. He had no use for it, and I had recently inherited a Ruger MKII from my late brother, and he thought it might work in it.

It didn't work, of course. He didn't want it back, and I put it away, and forgot about it.

I have no use for it, and figured I'd find an INGO member that could make good use out of it. It's in very good shape, and appears to have had little use.

So, stilllearning09, PM me your address, and I'll put it in the mail.

Enjoy!

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Could not have gone to a nicer person

That is extremely cool of you to give away a very very hard to find mag. She is a very nice person and I am very happy for her.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    That is extremely cool of you to give away a very very hard to find mag.

You mean I could have sold this for $$$$???

Just kidding, it was given to me, so I wouldn't feel right selling it.

She is a very nice person and I am very happy for her.

Good to know. She is shooting a gift from her father, and I'm shooting my brother's MKII

DNN_8445w.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    You can use the mark I (or standard auto mag) in a mark II but you do not get the last round hold open.

I have 6 mark II mags and had two old standard auto mags when at a range I swapped out the to mark I mags for 2 mark II mags when a shooter bought brand new mark II mags for his mark I. Even trade mag for mag.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    My father in law has one. He bought another mag at the last 1500 for it but the mag wouldn't load. So now he is stuck with it. Lol.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Not correct

That Mk I mag (that is pictured) will NOT work in a MKII. That is the original MKI mag and the Pin on the side can not be switched to the opposite side so that it will work. The later models with the removable base plate like the current models WILL work in a MK II.

The older style MKI mags with the solid silver bottom can not be disassembled and are becoming very hard to find.

Judy is a great lady and will make very good use of that mag. She also owns a MKIII so her Father's firearm can rest a little.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I recently acquired a MkI Standard made in 79. I have been shooting a Buckmark for years and had forgotten just how well the chunky Ruger sat in the hand. I bought 5 mags and will buy 15 more over the next few months. Last time at the range I had no problem hitting the steel b-27 at 100 yards with the Ruger...great gun.

rugermki.jpg

Top Bottom