Who has actually had hands on a Mossberg MVP Preadator...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking for one for quite some time. No shops out of the 25 I contacted have any in stock and a couple took my name and put me on a list. I contacted Mossberg Sales department and they said they were ramping up production, who knows what that means. I am looking for the bench stock, so if you hear anything send me a note. thanks.

kimbercollector

Marksman
    Rating - 96.1%
    49   2   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    North East Indianapolis, IN
    Buds had the MVP Predator 18.5in for 480, free shipping.

Bought one last night...it shipped to my FFL today. Ill have it tomorrow...

I usually like Rem 700s and Model Sevens...but this was kinda an impulse...

Nervous now....just hope the tolerances are tight (have seen some play with the magazines and a little when the bolt is all the way pulled back...but so was my McMillan Tac308 too)

Anyhow...buds had them last night...pics and report asap...

Dave

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We received our first one at the shop last week, and it sold within days. Looked pretty good, and the 18.5" barrel made the gun much lighter and handier than the previous (24"?) MVPs we'd had.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Ive handled both. The pred is the one id go for personally because its a more general purpose rifle. They are both pretty nice for the price. the bolt is more gimmic then function though. For the price range its pretty smooth on function. If they make one in 308 ill be all over it though. Thats what Im hoping for.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have the 24 inch one with the target stock. Not a bad little rifle. During break in it was shooting MOA and tighter with 52 grain, 69 grain AND 77 grain MatchKings, as well as some old 73 grain bergers. I was shooting from prone position with a sling. Maybe it will shoot slightly tighter from a stationary rest. If it would not shoot sub MOA, I would be rebarreling it or trading it. My son has one and his is accurate also. It is only a one in nine twist barrel, but it will stablize 77 grain bullets. That is the 1st 1 in 9 rifle I ever tried that would. Stock is too short for a full grown man, a thicker butt pad takes care of that. The Magazine retention hardware is a little on the cheap side, but works fine. The little lever on the bolt that locks it back does not work perfectly on all magazine followers. The trigger is pretty good for a production rifle.

To the men who would be interested in it if it were made in .308, Ruger already offers one, and it is better fit and finish. I have not shot one to comment on the accuracy.

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010

To the men who would be interested in it if it were made in .308, Ruger already offers one, and it is better fit and finish. I have not shot one to comment on the accuracy.

This is an excellent point, and sure to cause many to waste even more time on the inter-web searching for details! :)

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I have the 24 inch one with the target stock. Not a bad little rifle. During break in it was shooting MOA and tighter with 52 grain, 69 grain AND 77 grain MatchKings, as well as some old 73 grain bergers. I was shooting from prone position with a sling. Maybe it will shoot slightly tighter from a stationary rest. If it would not shoot sub MOA, I would be rebarreling it or trading it. My son has one and his is accurate also. It is only a one in nine twist barrel, but it will stablize 77 grain bullets. That is the 1st 1 in 9 rifle I ever tried that would. Stock is too short for a full grown man, a thicker butt pad takes care of that. The Magazine retention hardware is a little on the cheap side, but works fine. The little lever on the bolt that locks it back does not work perfectly on all magazine followers. The trigger is pretty good for a production rifle.

But it does not use sr25 mags and its $1000 as opposed to 6-700.

Top Bottom