• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I am looking at purchasing one of the XDm .45's when they come out. However, I am leery of another compact polymer pistol. The first compact polymer pistol I bought was a Taurus PT-145. I could not group with it at all. My friends could, but I didn't. I was wanting to know if anyone in the area of Hendricks, Putnam, or Montgomery countys have an XDm they might let me fire. I would like to get a feel for the model prior to dumping my existing .45 longslide on the market to get cash for the XDm. I have ammo!

Thanks in advance.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    XDm9 here in Montgomery Co. You'd be welcome to meet me at the range some time and give it a run.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I have a XDm 40, and I like it A LOT. American Rifleman just did a review on the XDm .45 in their most recent issue. They show groupings averaging at 2.15 inches, at 25 yards.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I want to thank ATM for letting me shoot his XDm 9mm and his XD45. Both were great shooters. Now I am torn between the new XDm 45 and the FN-FNP 45 USP. Although shooting the XD and XDm has almost made up my mind for me. THanks ATM!! Rep is inbound.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I want to thank ATM for letting me shoot his XDm 9mm and his XD45. Both were great shooters. Now I am torn between the new XDm 45 and the FN-FNP 45 USP. Although shooting the XD and XDm has almost made up my mind for me. THanks ATM!! Rep is inbound.

You guys both shoot them better than I do! What's up with that? :dunno:

:laugh:

Pleasure to meet you and your buddy. :yesway:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    USP is an HK gun ;)

I have a pair of XDm 9's, I like the XD and XDm series. My XD has thousands of flawless rounds thru it. Heck I put 250~ rounds thru the XD9 and then threw it into the Kankakee river repeatedly and it still wouldn't jam. (video was posted here about 6 weeks ago).

The XDm 9 has had 500+ rounds of some dirty reloads thru it w/o a cleaning and has never malfunctioned, total round count it probably only a thousand at this point though.

Great pistols.

That said I love the FNH FNP-45, I've had the chance to shoot once a couple times now and it's the bees knees. Keep in mind it's a DA pistol vs striker fired pistol. Not exactly apples to apples.

Personally since I have several XDs/XDms already, I'm getting a FNP-45.

My choice right now is, do I buy a FNP-45 and wait on the TRP or buy the TRP and wait on the FNP-45... :dunno: I'll own both by the fall (between fathers day and my birthday I should be able to swing it) :cool:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have an Xd service in a .40, and love it. My Dad has an Xdm in 9mm, it also is a great gun. I just recently picked up an FN. I have to be honest, personally if I had to pick one it would be the FN. Yes the FN has a hammer, yes it has a decocker. However it's lighter, and it has a lighter SA trigger pull. I have no problem firing the first round DA, then SA for the following rounds. I'm just not a fan of the barrel length on the Xdm. Not for a carry gun at least. Either way I do not think you'll be disappointed with either of them. They are both excellent guns.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I am looking at purchasing one of the XDm .45's when they come out. However, I am leery of another compact polymer pistol. The first compact polymer pistol I bought was a Taurus PT-145. I could not group with it at all. My friends could, but I didn't. I was wanting to know if anyone in the area of Hendricks, Putnam, or Montgomery countys have an XDm they might let me fire. I would like to get a feel for the model prior to dumping my existing .45 longslide on the market to get cash for the XDm. I have ammo!

Thanks in advance.
    I traded my xdm 9 for a glock. Now a big fan of the glocks. Anyway learn to use the reset with the double action guns. helps with the groups since it makes you concentrate on your trigger pull.

shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    i bought the XDm .40 the day it hit the market every one of my friends have shot it a ton of times ive also have a XD .40 sub i like the XDm it has 3 diffrent palm grips and thats very nice for any hand size! but my xd is my baby any time u want to shoot u can shoot mine just let me know i work 5 mil. from pops guns

Lil Tippy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    XDM 40

I just bought a XDM 40. I have been limited in firing it as I am still waiting on my permit. My decision to purchase the XDM 40 was based upon firing a friend's 9mm and 40.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    :donno:

I'm firing a PS90 USG in my avatar... whats that have to do with the USP being made by HK and not FNH?

Oops, looks like a misspell in my first post. I was just making sure you understood what I was looking for. No disrespect intended. Anyway, after putting several FN pistols in my hands this week-end, I am going the way of the XDm. It would have been cool to add another FN product to the family, but my FAL will have to wait for awhile longer. Thanks for the input everyone. :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I have the DA/SA decocker only FNP45 and I love it, close to 3,000 rounds through it, no signs of wear except where it hits my seatbelt buckle. It's amazingly accurate. I only have shot 1 striker fired pistol and that is my Ruger SR9c and I like it because of the compactness but while I'll be keeping both of my pistols as I further my collection I'll be sticking with either Hammer fired DA/SA or the striker. It takes a lot of muscle memory when switching between the FNP45 and SR9c, especially when I carry the Ruger during the week so it easily is hidden for pre July 1 parking lot carry @ work on a motorcycle, and the FN during the weekends.

I really do like the way the new XD(m)45 looks.

Top Bottom