• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Well my other gun in rotation is a 1911, so if I could have them both as similar as possible in operation that'd be beneficial to me. Sounds stupid, I know, but it makes sense to me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks! And the mag safety bugs me because it could be rendered useless in a defensive situation by pressing the release.

In my opinion it is highly unlikely that the person trying to get your gun will know about the mag safety. You will have the advantage because you do. If you find yourself in a situation where you are struggling for control of the gun you can hit the mag release and the gun is now useless to be used against you. Pull your BUG and have at it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Well my other gun in rotation is a 1911, so if I could have them both as similar as possible in operation that'd be beneficial to me. Sounds stupid, I know, but it makes sense to me.

it is a good idea to have your guns work the same, but a 1911 & a 39xx S&W are not close..
    the 1911 is a single action only, the S&W is a traditional double action, the 1911 has a down to fire safety, the S&W has an up to fire one...

you can learn & practice movements that allow you to work both guns..
    but it means lots of range time...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

one thing to know, you do not have to carry the 3913 with the safety on, you can just use it as a decocker and carry with it off, then the gun is the same as a sig.. first shot is heavy & follow ups are light..
    the trigger safety & firing pin block will keep the gun from going off if dropped..

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I know the 3913 and a 1911 aren't even close to similar. lol

Anywho, took it to a friend's place today and put a box through it. The trigger takes a lot of getting used to. I, my girlfriend, and my friend (who shoots trap on a national level) were all struggling to hit a 12" steel target at 20 yards with it, which would be a walk in the park on my 1911.

It'll just take a bit of getting used to, though.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    yeah, if the trigger has not had a lot of use it will be very stiff..
    it gets better, or you can have work done on it..
    Darrell's custom guns in Cayuga did trigger work on my 5906 & 3913.

the guns also shoot better with 124 grain bullets.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'll be sure to try that weight next time. The rounds I used were free, so i'm not really sure what they were. A friend had them sitting around after he traded away his 9mm, so he let me shoot 'em up.

Top Bottom