• Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    How long have you had a LTCH?

I have been carrying since 1985 / 86.

Does anyone have a copy of one of the earliest licenses???
    Just curious what they looked like.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got you beat by a year or so, 1984. I've met a few members who beat that by many years.

Don't have a copy, but it was a very thin piece of paper, a little thicker than tissue paper. It also had a space for you thumbprint.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I think around 1980. I would have to check my files.

I had to reference the DeBard decision on the form and had to take my attorney to the gun desk to get the LEO there even give me the application.

Nice!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think around 1980. I would have to check my files.

I had to reference the DeBard decision on the form and had to take my attorney to the gun desk to get the LEO there even give me the application.

Nice!

Wow. I had the Highland police chief suggest to me to come in to get mine. I was in business and he told me I needed one, set up an appointment for me and took care of everything.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Got mine for the first time in 1993. The sheriff took care of it personally. I remember needing to give a reason for having the license. Called a personal protection permit if I remember correctly.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Hmm probably '79.
    Although I didn't carry full time then.
    I have had my license off and on since I moved out of state for a 3 years or so, but pretty much continuous while I lived here.
    Come to think of it I was only gone for 3 years and it probably didn't lapse long before I moved back and renewed it again.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Got you beat by a year or so, 1984. I've met a few members who beat that by many years.

Don't have a copy, but it was a very thin piece of paper, a little thicker than tissue paper. It also had a space for you thumbprint.
    Don't remember when I got my first one - I had almost forget about the thumbprint - think I went to the local police station to "apply" my print on my first one, after that just spread some ink at home.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Started carrying in 1979. Found it a couple of years ago in an old wallet photo holder. It was pretty beat up because I did not get it laminated. I had to pull it out and show it to LEO quite a few times so the in / out process took it's toll on it. I guess I should have kept it.

Top Bottom