• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    The oldest one in my family is an old 3 shot 32 caliber revolver. It is from the early 1900s I think. My great-great grandfather bought it after a horse of his was stolen. Word got out he bought the gun.....the horse mysteriously returned a day or two later.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    M1867 circa 1875 [Danish?] rem. rolling block...10 years ago it shot side by side with a new sharps at 50 yrds. Nearly identical accuracy. I believe it once had a sharp firing pin that punctured primers. Dad theorized that it was demoted to 'parade duty'
    and that's what preserved the rifling .

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Maybe not THE oldest, but pretty old. My oldest at the present time. .44 cal Remington C&B revolver bought by grandpa back in the 60's. Made just prior to or during the Civil War.

Remington1.jpg

And, not too bad of a shooter!

Doug K

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    The oldest one in my family is an old 3 shot 32 caliber revolver. It is from the early 1900s I think. My great-great grandfather bought it after a horse of his was stolen. Word got out he bought the gun.....the horse mysteriously returned a day or two later.

Found out some more info on this from my grandpa at Easter. The gun was his great grandfathers and is a 32 caliber rimfire.....never knew such a cartridge existed. That would put it in the late 1800s i believe. He just gave it to my dad so hopefully one day it will be in my safe as well.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I have an 1831 Springfield musket hanging over the fireplace. I also have a 1777 French flintlock pistol that very well may have been used in the Anerican revolution. The NRA museum has a rifle that actually came over on the Mayflower!!!

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Who has the oldest gun on INGO

There ya have it. Who has the oldest gun here? I cant wait to see what turns up....:popcorn::popcorn:

I don't know about oldest but I have a small revolver that I have no idea what it is. Myself and a buddy have looked and looked and we think it's some kind of Belgium revolver based on some of the markings. I think it's a 7 mm. The unusual thing to me is there is no trigger guard as the trigger can fold into the bottom of the frame. I'll try to get a pick of it.

Top Bottom