• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nashfred01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't like .556/.223. I would probably go with .308. I know a lot of people don't like the weight, but I like the M1A. The military uses .556 ball ammo and it does not have any knock down power. I also don't like the looks of ARs. I guess if I were to get one, I would look into an AR-10.

nebulous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I understand that the AR platform has been modernized and improved many times over the decades, which makes it a rock sold performer today. Anything can benefit from a complete and thorough review/redesign, and that is why I am looking at an ACR instead of an AR. This video kind of sums it up. Note that the Remington ACR was originally designed by Magpul as the Masada. Sure the ACR is newer, but I like the fact that it was redesigned from the ground up. A breath of fresh air into the crowded AR15 market.

Future Weapons: Magpul Masada (Bushmaster ACR / Remington ACR) - YouTube

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I do not own a ar15, but its all just personal preference. I have owned one in the past and they are excellent rifles I just prefer my bolt actions with iron sights or my m1a

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've been resistant to having an AR for quite awhile, and went the Mini-14 route instead. I recently saw an M&P Sport at what I think is a really attractive price, and it has me mulling this over a LOT. I don't like plastic furniture nearly as much as wood, but there's no denying how versatile an AR would be to have.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I've been resistant to having an AR for quite awhile, and went the Mini-14 route instead. I recently saw an M&P Sport at what I think is a really attractive price, and it has me mulling this over a LOT. I don't like plastic furniture nearly as much as wood, but there's no denying how versatile an AR would be to have.

They do make wood furniture for ars. You could always go that route if the plastic bugs you that much. I believe Windham weaponry has a few different options when it comes to wood.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    They do make wood furniture for ars. You could always go that route if the plastic bugs you that much. I believe Windham weaponry has a few different options when it comes to wood.

Right-o, I've thought about that... but honestly, I think I'd leave the plastic in place. I'm starting to appreciate them for what they are, and I honestly don't mind plastic on an AR so much anymore.

McGraw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    Brockton
    I don't have an AR because about a month after the unpleasantness in CT a gentleman approached me at the range asking questions about my sr556 and eventually offered me three times what I payed for it. So I told him I would stay continue to shoot until he returned from the bank. Then sold all my ammo to a friend. With that said, it was an impulse buy. I like AK's. I do enjoy the AR modularity and recently purchased a sig 556r swat that accepts ak mags and promptly spent plenty getting her dressed up for the ball.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since this thread is alive again...

I don't care much for the taste of gun powder residue.

So, as a lefty, direct impingement is a downside.

nkhrfh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Earlier in the thread I did not want another after having one for work. After an exhaustive search for an effective, cost effective, customizable gun for coyote. I am back to being an AR owner.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am getting closer.. one part at a time :D

haha This.

I was never into ARs, seemed like too small of a round, too "cool crowd" kinda vibe to it. But, certain ones started grabbing my attention, like SPR/DMR style. One thing leads to another, I did some work for a friend who knows a bunch about them, and... well... he's assembling one for me.

Which led me to the other part of the AR equation - assembling my own. So, there are probably 2 ARs in my future: a really REALLY nice one and one that I'm doing on a budget.

What a long, strange trip it's been.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    "affordable" really i subjective on this one. I mean Glocks can be within price range and great 2nd hand firearms without ever getting near the price of 1 AR. I'd rather have a good handgun and ammo to spare, than a rifle with little no ammo.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Mattel made M16s during vietnam I believe...yep. Those are probably some of the most valuable M16s I'd bet!
    M16mattelM16.jpg
    If it were true yes, they probably would have some value, since they never made an M16, it's of no consequence.

Top Bottom