Who is going to Valpo Gun show on the 19th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Local time, or CST. I'll get there right at noon, so I'll see if I can't find you before I start shopping for toys.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    So is it worth going? Bout 45min drive for me. Was gonna go today didn't have time but could make the trip in the am if its worthwhile

I would say it depends. It was worthwhile for me and I drove an hour. Got to meet some more INGO'ers, bought a Spyderco from Brad and Knife Lady, a little ammo from Jahred. Didn't find some things I was looking for. There are probably ten good tables and the rest flea market stuff. It was very well attended.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    If any of you went to the 21st tables looking for 22 sub sonic. I am sorry I cleaned him out :D

It was PACKED the whole time I was there. We got there at 10 and the line was crazy long. There are some good deals there.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    How's the selection of reloading stuff? I'm looking for some shell plates maybe some primers and some fmj bullets. Also a few handguns I doubt I'll find at any show but doesn't hurt to look.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I went and it was good. Talked to Jahred about a future purchase, scored a DVD from Cedartop (Thanks! I will be watching it in a few days) Talked about some future ammo purchases from Indiana Supply Depot, and tried talking my girlfriend into a pink Izula, (Thanks Knife Lady) but she didnt go for it.

I think I saw EvilBlackRifle when talking to Cedartop at ISD
    Might have seen Full-Auto, but didnt recognize him until it was too late...

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Any nicely priced G19's there by chance?

If so, I may make the hour trip out tomorrow morning..

jaramia20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Michigan City
    A friend and I went and it was well worth it . I have not gone to the Valpo show in MANY years . This show was VERY " well attended "and even getting there at a little before open , there was a long line . The deals where there , but you had to look . I didn't pick much up ( still no Sub-2000 :xmad: ) but I did have a good time . Wish i would have met some INGO people , but maybe next time . All and all , a good time . I'm looking forward to the next one .... :rockwoot:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Had fun looking around. If I didn't just buy a G27 last week, I may have left with an 870; maybe next time. Said "hello!" to Knife Lady and Brad (the sign works, but some Christmas tree lights would really make it pop! :D). Came mere millimeters from purchasing a Kershaw Cyclone from Brad, but ran into a technology issue with being in the Bermuda Triangle of wireless credit card reader machines. I'll buy a knife from you next time, Brad ...and I'll bring cash with me instead of plastic! :spend:

Oh, I did manage to score some cookies from the Girl Scouts (which was a first for me at a gun show ...who knew???) I love thin mints!

All things considered, it was worth the trip just to do some "research!" :D

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have been there quite a few times before, seemed like the longest line waiting to get in that I have ever seen. There were some deals ...but you had to search for them. I guess it all depends what you are looking for. I was looking for a deal on a .44 mag pistol with 4 inch barrel or less, needless to say I didn't find one. I went home with the same money I came with.
    It was nice to get out and back to a gun show.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My son picked up a knife from the knife lady at the show. he's thrilled with his gun looking "sniper" blade. It was his first show and a big lesson for him in what's out there and available. I did get a good deal on 2 clips for his 22lr neo. Seemed like more of a long gun show. Not a good selectiton of used hand guns that I saw.
    Didn't see and M1's in my price range :( boo hoo for me. Got a nice holster for my carry m&p compact though. The place was jammed with people.
    -d

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I would say it depends. It was worthwhile for me and I drove an hour. Got to meet some more INGO'ers, bought a Spyderco from Brad and Knife Lady, a little ammo from Jahred. Didn't find some things I was looking for. There are probably ten good tables and the rest flea market stuff. It was very well attended.

I would be one of the ones you met while you were standing there BSing with Jahred. I walked up towards the end along with Ladyghost (my G/F) and talked to jared for a minute or so before heading off to look through the rest of the show. Didn't see much there that grabbed my attention. I wasn't really looking nor did I really have the money to buy this time. noticed that Blythe's was there this time. I don't recall seeing them there in the past. Of course their table (yeah SINGLE table) was easy to pass by so they may have been there in the past. They didn't seem to REALLY be trying to sell anything too hard. :dunno:

SBGR55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    North Central IN
    Valpo Show

I went today and it was'nt to crowded in the afternoon. Looking for some repair supplies for my Armorers Class. Hope to start working on guns soon.

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    Scored a Marlin Guide gun in 45/70 seen a lot of INGO shirts. Left with the striker that I took. Was a good show lots of people.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    noticed that Blythe's was there this time. I don't recall seeing them there in the past. Of course their table (yeah SINGLE table) was easy to pass by so they may have been there in the past. They didn't seem to REALLY be trying to sell anything too hard. :dunno:
    I saw that also while passing by. Didn't stop since I'm in the store fairly often for range use. I did hear the guy tell a customer that they were NOT selling anything at the show. They were only there for the advertising/promotion aspect for the store.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I would be one of the ones you met while you were standing there BSing with Jahred. I walked up towards the end along with Ladyghost (my G/F) and talked to jared for a minute or so before heading off to look through the rest of the show.

Yes, I remember seeing you. Jahred and I were talking tactics, discussing the manly art of hand to hand combat, the value of training, the merits (or lack thereof) of big dot sights, and many other important subjects, but BSing!?!?!?:nuts::laugh6:

Top Bottom