• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Ok I have a question. Let's say I take a co-worker to the range with me and let him shoot my firearms. Seems harmless enough, but what if:

A) What if they happen to be a felon(I wouldn't knowingly take a felon to a range, but you never know for sure who is/isn't )

B) What if I take a non-citizen? Are they allowed to shoot firearms?

When you hand them your (firearm of choice) are you not going to be held accountable for their bullets.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well, you can legally sell a firearm to anyone as long as you believe they are a citizen and not a felon, so I would think the same would apply to your proposed situation.

This legal advice is worth what you just paid for it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Wrong on the citizen part. Non-citizens are allowed to buy, own and possess firearms, including Title II in the US, so they don't have to be a citizen to buy a firearm, from a dealer or a private party.

You are right about the felon though. If you let some dude shoot your firearm at a range, and unbeknownst to you he was a felon, it's not on you.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wrong on the citizen part. Non-citizens are allowed to buy, own and possess firearms, including Title II in the US, so they don't have to be a citizen to buy a firearm, from a dealer or a private party.

You are right about the felon though. If you let some dude shoot your firearm at a range, and unbeknownst to you he was a felon, it's not on you.

.....How do they do a background check on a non citizen buying a firearm??

And I think some ranges check ID, so they would have to have Some form of ID to use the range??

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville

And I think some ranges check ID, so they would have to have Some form of ID to use the range??

For a non-citizen to buy a gun they have to get the ok from the DOJ, I think "and the DOJ runs a background check with there home country". Also you can get ID with out being a citizen.

Tokter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Since I'm Swiss and just bought a gun, I can answer that. On the LTCH form and on the form that I filled out at the dealer there is a box for your alien ID number. Which is on my greencard. Other than that I have a Indiana ID and social security card like everyone else.
    And to get the green card they got my swiss military records, swiss police records, financial statements, Chest X-Ray, Imunisation records, my blood & urine, and other papers I forgot about.
    I'm sure they have a decent file about me :rockwoot:

Top Bottom